Texas-Houston

La Fontaine Reception Hall in Houston??

Hello!!
Has anybody had or known someone who has had their Wedding at La Fontaine Reception Hall in Houston? It is over off of 290/W. Little York. I guess I asked this a little late as we already set my date and put down the deposit, but after reading a few reviews over the web, I'm starting to worry! We chose this venue because we had been to 2 events there that were beautiful, however they were Quinceneras and I'd just like to get an opinion from someone who planned their wedding there. At this point, their professionalism hasn't been quite up to par with the price tag in my opinion but nothing really to freak out about: mostly communication issues and one cancelled appointment (the day of our appointment, which had we both scheduled off of work for)... it could be that they are just busy. Anyway, thanks in advance for your input!
:)

Re: La Fontaine Reception Hall in Houston??

• cperez9cperez9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an event there...not a wedding and let me first say that everything turned out nice thank God!...The good things about that place was the wait staff and their service and the place looked lovely thanks to the decorator we had to hire to bring out the what we envisioned (since theyr decor is limited)
    Now on to the negative...the owner Elvia is a you know what! That lady is out for the money...doesnt give a darn about her clients...In our case she tried to get every nickel and dime and promised things in the beginning that she said she would do if we signed that day...well we did...we trusted her and her husband...big mistake!!!
    One of the things that pissed me off the day of was that the time we'd gone to see the table setup and discuss how we wanted the setup there were silverware and linens...
    On the day of the event they had paper napkins instead of linen napkins...TACKY!!!and the stuff we had to pay extra for were things she had said she would include in the pkg if we signed with them! And the food..well I wont go into that situation!!
    Like I said the place and decor is nice and clean...the waiters and bartenders handled everything smoothly...but the owner is someone to be wary off...be careful with what she says and if she says she'll throw in something make her put it writing with her intials...and make sure you go over details...

I could go on in detail about other things she did but frankly just rememebring makes me relieve those uncomfortable moments which I prefer not too!!!
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I was afraid of! Too bad we are half way in, but your advice helps to get stuff in writing. I'm going in for my second appoitnment with them and every time I have to hunt them down to get a response on anything. :/ I am also a little worried about the food...especially since we haven't even been given a timeline of when we should expect to take care of catering. :/ THank you so much for your post, you are one of the very few that has had any experience with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards