Texas-Houston

Dress Shop Recommendations

I am going to be having a dress try on day with the women of my family, FI family & a couple bridesmaids.

I really don't know what kind of dress I want so I am looking for a shop in the Houston area that has a good size selection. I don't want to spend more than $1,000 for dress, veil & alterations.

I am realistic that I might not find THE dress but I want to have the experience with everyone PLUS my bestest friend is flying in from Cali to come shop with me. But I want to have the experience with everyone and at least get what I like & don't like.

I know I DON'T want to go to David's Bridal... so I could use other recommendations please.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Dress Shop Recommendations

• I've been to three shops so far.

Brickhouse Bridal--in the woodlands, very nice shop but I think their dresses are much higher end.  Probably not many in your price range.

The Princess Bridal--in Spring.  Cute little shop, probably moderately priced, but they did have a decent amount of off-the-rack dresses for sale (for cheap)

Ventura's--The shop itself is not very nice, and the service is hit and miss, but I think they have a good selection and a good amount of dresses on the lower end of the price spectrum.  They also have discounts.  You could probably find a dress in your pricerange, but I don't know about alterations/veil.  No matter where you buy, you should probably get your alterations done somewhere else because dress shops always charge more.

Good luck!  Let us know if you find something!

SaveSave
  • I went to Brickhouse Bridal and I saw some dresses for under $1000 and they were pretty!
  • I just went to Weddings by Debbie yesterday and had a great experience. They have a TON of dresses. We went on a weekday and were the only people in the shop, so that was nice :) but my consultant was really sweet and helpful. I ended up finding the dress (!!!!!!) so perhaps that made me biased!!

I can't remember how low their dresses start but it might be worth a phone call. It was definitely a great experience and they have tons of space and couches if you want to bring a big group! 

This weekend I also went to The Princess Bridal and it was quite small. My mom and I went through the selection in less than fifteen minutes. I think if you want to bring more than two people it might be crowded. 

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• I second Ventura's. They have a huge selection and so they should have dresses in your price range.

Marry Go Round: This store sells sample gowns off the rack. You could possibly get a nice designer gown in your price range. The only down side is that the selection will vary depending on the day you go. 

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Weddings by Debbie & Misora are both great shops
  • I went to Alfred Angelo and LOVED it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to Ventura's Bridal and Weddings by Debbie. I had two totally different experiences at each.

Weddings By Debbie- Beautiful aesthetics. Designer gowns. Expensive prices. However, they do have a few designers that should fit within your budget. (mine is similar) you have to really have an idea of what type of dress you want and know how to identify it, cause you will have to get it off the rack! I tried on like 52 dresses and my consultant still would not just go pull one that she thinks would fit what I was looking for. So I left extremely frustrated.

Ventura Bridal- looks like a warehouse. Designer gowns. Lower prices. Customer service is not the best. My consultant's name is Jessica and she was really sweet, but I cant say the same about everyone else I came in contact with. I was able to go in tell her my price range, style of dress I was looking for and she pointed me in the right direction. I tried on a total of 3 dresses and found THE ONE!! Needless to say, I purchased there. :)

Happy dress hunting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards