Texas-Houston

Chateau Cocomar

Has anyone checked out this place yet? It looks really nice but I'm wodering is it as nice as the pictures look.

Re: Chateau Cocomar

• I've not heard it before.  Where is it located?
  • It is new off of Champions Forest. It looks beautiful.
  • Beautiful but there's still much to be worked on.  When we went on the tour there was a lot of explanation of "this wall will be knocked down, we'll put a wall here, a room here, extend the room here, picture this room being these three rooms combined"

Was kind of confusing and to be honest I would not want to put a deposit down on something that is not complete yet.  There is always the possibility of it not finishing.  But there is a huge potential for this place to be GORGEOUS, and the place is MASSIVE with lots of very expensive antique windows/doors/fireplaces imported from Europe.  Kind of strange that it's next to a bunch of neighborhoods.  No caterers, just a rental fee for the place.  About 9-10K to rent on a Saturday night after factoring security, valet, tax, gratuity.  They will be adding 5 bedrooms on the top floor as a bed and breakfast type of setup - room not included in rental fee.

If you're interested check out their open house in March (check facebook for the official date)
  • I just found out about this place and it looks amazing!  Mrs. G did you go look at it?  Does anyone know if they are getting booked up?
  • No, we have not yet.  I did receive some pricing from them.  6500 rental but they also require vallet parking which was (I think) 8 per vehicle.  They also had a required fee for officers, which is understandable.  We still plan to go look.  My future DIL really loves it.  I think that the facebook page stated they have an open house in March. 
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks for the info! I sent you a PM. We may go to the open house in March.
  • Crazy question but how do I find my private messages on here?
  • My sister's boss owns that place!  It is beautiful and she is going to let me do my bridal portraits there. 

It wasn't opened yet when I booked my venue so I am using Cypress Chateau.
  • I went on a tour there and it was still under construction but it is going to be tha bomb once its all said and done. Its the cheapest place in houston at this point with the whole entire building rental for the day. I think that it is well worth your money. You will not be rushed out to allow them to get ready for another wedding.
  • Ashes, I sent you the info in a pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards