Texas-Houston

Downtown hotel block

My wedding is downtown at Discovery green, and I'm looking for a couple hotels to block for out of town guests.

FI and I want to stay at Hotel Icon, so we were thinking we'd see about blocking there.  Did anyone stay there or block there?

We also want a cheaper option for those guests who don't want to spend $150 a night.  Can anyone suggest a good but less expensive hotel I could block as well?

Thank you!

SaveSave

Re: Downtown hotel block

• t12ubeautyt12ubeauty member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Unless there is an event going on, hotel prices arent that bad. I would check out Doubletree, Hyatt, and Crowne Plaza as I have seen them for $100 or less. In fact, I once Pricelined and got the Hilton Americas for $50. I would check to see what hotel prices are for your weekend and then use that to negotiate price for the hotel block. Hotel Icon's prices were actually lower than the other downtown hotels when I was looking for a hotel block for my November wedding. It was $129 for contract and $139 for courtesy block. Prices were inflated that weekend because of a large convention in downtown. Otherwise I think it would have been less. You could also try the Lancaster Hotel. Another place to consider is the Sheraton Four Points on 59 & Kirby. It's about 5 miles from downtown. Not as nice as those other places, but still decent and prices are much lower. Some of my guests stayed there and it was $69 a night. Parking is also free. Keep in mind downtown parking is $25-30 a night.

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Thank you!  I'll look around at some.

SaveSave
  • I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel for $100/nt for a wedding. It is very nice and right by the few bars in downtown. Not too bad!
  • Since you're having your wedding at Discovery Green, you have SO many options around there that's close and easy for your guests to walk to!

-Four Seasons
    -Embassy Suites (right across the street)
    -Hilton Americas-Houston (right across the street)
    -Doubletree Downtown (not right across the street, but I think they have a shuttle that can get your guests to the park)

Some hotels will give you a complimentary Bridal Suite if you request it and as long as you meet a minimum amount of room nights booked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards