Texas-Houston
Options

Help - Wedding Venue - Parador or Hotel Derek?

I am going back and forth between the venues.  The prices are very similar.  Has any brides had a reception at either location?  Thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: Help - Wedding Venue - Parador or Hotel Derek?

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No but as a guest, I would choose hotel derek
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am having a December wedding at the Parador and Behind the Bash nickel and dimes you for every little thing. I would have much rather a hotel where you pay for Service in one lump 18% sum rather than Behind the Bash which charges you by the person for waitstaff, the chef, etc..... They are ridiculous!

• Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think with the Parador you have to use their preferred vendors
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips.  It is such a hard choice choosing between venues when you have to spend over 10K (ALOT of $)!!! 
  • Options
    sfowler426sfowler426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is WAY late, but I just recently signed up/became engaged and wanted to give some info incase anyone finds this feed as I have.

I have looked at the Hotel Derek in depth, and I am very excited to know that they use 'Who Made the Cake' for their weddings cakes, and the wedding cake is INCLUDED in the price of your wedding at the Hotel Derek. You also get one of their nicest/biggest suites to stay in (bride and groom) AND for your out of town guests they can book a block of rooms for $99/night which is a steal, the rooms are typically over $220/night

Also included - 1 hr for ceremony, 5 hours for reception, hurricane glasses with floating tealights for centerpieces, catering, WEDDING CAKE, cocktail hour (alcoholic drinks and h'ourderves), linens, stage for dancing, ceremony setup.

Not included: special lighting/curtains for decoration, DJ/Music/Sound system, day of coordinator.

So everything is included but the DJ and anything else you want special.  The price I was given was $10,700 for 120 people for a Friday night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards