Texas-Houston
Options

DJ....

Hi Ladies,
I'm having trouble finding a DJ that's not ridiculously(in my opinion) priced.  They will need to provide music for our ceremony,cocktail hour, and reception.  Most of the ones I've talked to are minimum $1k and that doesnt include uplights or anything-we need them for 5 hours. Is this the normal rate around town?  Do yall have any suggestions for reputable DJ's in Houston?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ....

• Options
    sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Premium Sound. They are a husband and wife team and have great reviews on WeddingWire. They charged me $650 for 4 hours (including travel to the Woodlands) and their lighting packages were awesome- $75 for traditional lighting, $100 for "party package" or something like that with all the colored lights, and $25 per uplight. They had a few different colors in uplighting. We decided not to do the lighting just because our venue is small and doesn't have a lot of extra space, but I thought the prices were great.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jonny Black Productions when I got married back in February. He is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough raves about him. After the wedding my friends and family were asking for his information and business cards. He was affordable, worked with our budget, and did just a great job. I would strongly recommend.

Here is his website: http://jonnyblackproductions.com/
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    FullwedFullwed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend used Johnny Black as her DJ.  He was great, got the crowd going & was a good MC for the reception events.  I would second him, although I don't know what his cost is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Recently was at a wedding with these guys:

http://signatureeventx.com/

They were great!
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had DJ Madd Hatta (from 97.9) do our wedding for $600.00 - we got a deal bc we booked him at the Bridal Extravaganza.
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJU productions.  Great reviews, and really cheap.
  • Options
    jalafajalafa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your suggestions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards