Texas-Houston

DJ prices????

I am starting to look for a dj. I have no clue how the pricing works or what is a expected price per hour. Please help!

Re: DJ prices????

• edited December 2011
    Expect $100-$200 an hour. Hopefully you can find a great deal.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using The Pros. It was the best deal I could find for DJ. Their website is just www.thepros.com They also do photography & videography.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sklink0486sklink0486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Premium Sound Dj's. They have great reviews and their prices are pretty good. $650 for 4 hours. It is a husband and wife team. He DJ's and she does the announcing, etc. It's kind of a plus I've heard that she's also been a wedding coordinator so she is really good about the timing of everything. Their lighting packages were also the best I found. $75-100 for dance floor lighting. And $25/uplight if you want to do uplights. She is really nice and has been very prompt at responding to emails and any questions I've had so far.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Space City Entertainment and they are about 150.00 an hour. They did an amazing job and were extremely helpful. The DJ was great with transitions and knowing the timings as to when everything needed to happen. I would recommend you talk to them and see if they have any openings.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    I got  price quotes from Xceptional DJ and DJ Rob.  Has anyone heard anything about them?  They seem pretty reasonable. 
  • hollycasehollycase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also hired Space City Entertainment and they were GREAT throughout the whole process! Jonny was so professional, easy to contact, and we just trusted him right away with music for our ceremony/reception. Our weekend though they had so many weddings and called in help from Signature EvenTx who were absolutely amazing!
  • Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent 200 on 7 hours from my Dj. If you are interested send me a PM and I get you his information. He is a professional and does it for a living. I guess he is just really cheap. He was awesome too, he came to rehearsal free of charge and was on time and stayed til the last person left, and did not charge us extra.
    Anniversary
  • akeptwoman26akeptwoman26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I booked my DJ for 6 hours and he cost 450.00, I'm looking for a certain kind of music and he DJ's at a lounge I go to quite often so I know how he works. Honestly I believe 100-200 an hour is very expensive, unless they are offering lighting in the package. Like I said that's just my opinion. Try the Events area on craigslists to.

• edited December 2011
    I am also using premium sounds. I couldn't beat their prices, and they have assured me that i do not need a wedding planning or DOC because the wife does all of that and has plenty of experience, so they are saving me even more money!!

I have also heard nothing but great things about them!
  • djrobdjrob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_dj-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:79fa53e4-0ede-45ea-afec-c6c089e77c04Post:40634083-7c02-46e3-a4f3-8ac9fbb5837a">Re: DJ prices????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got  price quotes from Xceptional DJ and DJ Rob.  Has anyone heard anything about them?  They seem pretty reasonable. 
    Posted by Jess1852[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal">I have heard of DJ Rob. I'm him! I am getting married next March and all of the DJs that work for me will be guests so we are looking for someone. So far everyone who seems somewhat professional is way over priced and everyone else seems to be very unprofessional.<span>  </span>We charge $400.00 for four hours and only $80 each hour thereafter and only $115 for dance floor lights plus a little more for ceremony service.<span>  </span>For our wedding we are going to use our own up lights because everyone else in town is charging outrageous prices like $35 -$45 per light. We only charge $20. I’m not going to pay double when I already have them. I probably need to just find a dj that can use our equipment. <span> </span>No matter who you hire, do your homework see what everyone is charging what they offer and make sure they are not a part timer. There are a lot of weekend DJs in Houston and they may be really good for a sweet 16 or house party but not your wedding. Your wedding only comes once so hire someone who is a professional that means they have or work for a legal company that employs more than just one DJ, have insurance, back up equipment, music planning tools, reviews form customers and so on. Check out our site maybe it can give you an idea of what to look for. <a href="http://www.djrobinfo.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.djrobinfo.com</a></p>
  • djrobdjrob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_dj-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:79fa53e4-0ede-45ea-afec-c6c089e77c04Post:80b62391-74c8-4f9a-a309-a9ef86eb3ac3">Re: DJ prices????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spent 200 on 7 hours from my Dj. If you are interested send me a PM and I get you his information. He is a professional and does it for a living. I guess he is just really cheap. He was awesome too, he came to rehearsal free of charge and was on time and stayed til the last person left, and did not charge us extra.
    Posted by Karamel_bp[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal">I just need to say this.  A DJ who only charges $200 per wedding is not making much of a living. Even if they were able to get an a<span>verage of </span>2 wedding a week all the year (which is a lot a whole lot) they would only be making $20,800 minus all the cost of doing business; insurance, gas, advertising, equipment, music, computer software, website, and so on.<span>  </span>Last year my company spent over $10,000 on this stuff we did over 20 weddings and we weren’t a startup we have been in business since 2003. I don’t mean to be rude I’m just saying, be wary of any “professional” who only charges $200.00. Hope this helps.</p>
  • edited December 2011
    check out our video blog out. we use dj's & mc's and play a wide variety of music!
    http://signatureeventx.com/video-blog/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards