Texas-Houston

Giddings Stone Mansion, Brenham TX

Has anyone had or been to a wedding located here?? I can't seem to get anyone to call or email me back from there. It's VERY reasonably priced and looks beautiful. Any information you could give me would be great!!! THANKS!

Re: Giddings Stone Mansion, Brenham TX

• edited December 2011
    I actually was able to get a respomse from them about a week ago.  This is the email info I received.

The Mansion is a wonderful place for a wedding and/or reception-----

The 12-room house has 12’ceilings, hardwood floors covered by Persian rugs, 8 fireplaces, and a grand piano.  It will accommodate 150 for a seated dinner or party and 200 for a buffet. For larger parties, you might set up a tent on the spacious grounds.  Available at no charge are 150 folding chairs and 30 tables. There is no overnight lodging at the mansion but there are several hotels within minutes of the property. Wedding rentals include a daily rental from 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. for $800 plus a $300 cleaning/damage deposit, or a 3-day rental for $1800 with a $500 deposit.  Extended hours or days are available. If you have the wedding there as well, we recommend the 3-day rental for $1800 plus deposit, to allow for the rehearsal--and you could have the rehearsal dinner there as well. That would give you time to set up, decorate, etc as well as take down following the wedding.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in touring the mansion to see if it is the right place for your event.
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. Do you think you will go tour it? Do you know of any others similar to this?
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Wow I feel inspired.

This mansion looks beautiful... and now I'm considering seeing if St. Mary's Catholic Church in brenham will allow non-parishioners there.  

That's a pretty awesome price for a whole day there.  Guess I need to go tour it.  

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011

Yes, I do plan on going to tour it soon.  If you want another place like it, Lillian Farms is really pretty as well and it is in Washington I believe?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok thanks!! Do you mind me asking what email address you emailed them at? Maybe I have the wrong one =)
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the email I used: mansionbrenham@gmail.com

Although, they were supposed to send some pics of the ceremony locations, etc. and I have yet to hear back from them so I am not sure if they are just busy?  Good luck! Hopefully you get some answers soon and I get some pics! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding and reception there last March. It was beautiful! It was a larger wedding so they had a tent set up outside the house. Under the tent was the band, dj and lots of tables. Chairs were set up in front of the house for the ceremony. Also, the rehearsal dinner was inside the house the night before with food catered. All of the wedding party stayed in a bed and breakfast a few blocks away the night before! I highly recommend it!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, finally heard back from them. I have an appointment to tour it this afternoon. I will take lots of pics, and don't mind sharing them with you guys! Thanks for all the replies =)
  • edited December 2011
    Yes please share pics and let us know what you think of the venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_giddings-stone-mansion-brenham-tx?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:905bd2f3-7771-4655-aae6-e120bcd549dcPost:babbd232-6540-47bb-acb2-1d3297da21d5">Re: Giddings Stone Mansion, Brenham TX</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, finally heard back from them. I have an appointment to tour it this afternoon. I will take lots of pics, and don't mind sharing them with you guys! Thanks for all the replies =)
    Posted by bellajoliphotography[/QUOTE]

Did you ever get any pictures? I'm touring soon.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_giddings-stone-mansion-brenham-tx?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:905bd2f3-7771-4655-aae6-e120bcd549dcPost:babbd232-6540-47bb-acb2-1d3297da21d5">Re: Giddings Stone Mansion, Brenham TX</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, finally heard back from them. I have an appointment to tour it this afternoon. I will take lots of pics, and don't mind sharing them with you guys! Thanks for all the replies =)
    Posted by bellajoliphotography[/QUOTE]
  • I emailed them to see about setting up an appt to tour it.  Did you ever make it out there.  What did you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards