Texas-Houston
Options

dress alterations

hey ladies,

i am looking for a good place for my BMs to get their dresses altered.  Looking at locations in southwest, pearland or galleria area.

thanks

Re: dress alterations

• Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful U. Arlene is amazing. Her turn-around time, even in the busiest part of wedding season, is excellent and her prices are too.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    beautiful U does reliably good work, but they are a bit expensive. I thought it was worth paying for to ensure good work, though.

I had scheduling issues with them - i couldn't take time off from work for appointments and scheduling each saturday appointment with them was like pulling teeth. 

lastly, there were a few small details (minor things) that were supposed to be done after my final fitting - these were not done, even though i left my gown there for an extra week. When i picked up the dress, i didn't double check (i trusted them, after all) - it wouldn't have mattered anyway, since i was flying to my wedding 2 days later.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten a few bridesmaids dresses (and other clothes) altered at a place called Alteration & Tailoring by John.  It's located at 5164 Buffalo Speedway.  It's in the Kroger shopping center on Westpark/Buffalo Speedway (just off 59).  I've never been disappointed with their work.  He even does some alterations for Winnie Couture which is right near his shop.  I think his prices are very reasonable for alterations.  You don't have to make an appointment - you can just walk in.  And he can have it ready for you whenever you need it.  Hours are M-F 9-6 and Sat 10-6.
  • Options
    jorgemega10jorgemega10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, Beautiful U and Tailoring by John do great work... from experience.
  • Options
    hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my wedding dress altered by Jane's bridal in Pearland. She is very reasonable. She even took my dress to a cleaners to have it cleaned. She noticed little things that needed to be fixed on my used dress. A friend recommended her after her own wedding dress was messed up by a different tailor. She was so pleased that Jane fixed what was messed up. I would highly recommend her. My dress was about 2 sizes too big. She only charged $60 for alterations.
  • Options
    hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just founf the contact info for Jane's Bridal - 3244 East Broadway Street, Pearland, 281-485-6550.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards