Texas-Houston

Unique Reception Options in Houston?

Hello all!  Just engaged on Christmas day so very new to the boards.  I immediately contacted the church for availability but now I'm stuck!  I have this list (which I'm sure everyone is familiar with) from Weddings in Houston Mag.  Seems like pricing is just about even when you work it all out for anything near my wedding.  Anyone have an idea for a nice/charming or classy place within about 15 miles from Shepherd at Kirby that is not on this list?  Very open to different ideas.  I'm looking at a reception for approx. 200 and would LOVE to stay under $15,000 for venue, food, and drinks.  Thanks for any and all help as I dive in!  Undecided
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unique Reception Options in Houston?

• STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The historical Heights Fire station & City hall is pretty unique. However, all you are doing is renting the space, chairs and tables from them. You have to do the rest on your own. It is really inexpensive. $950 to rent the place all day.

You can check out my bio to see my pictures from there. Everyone liked the uniqueness & charm of the place. I saved alot of money doing it there.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Forgot.... Congrats!! So exciting!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww...congratulations!

There are a numerous venues:
    Heights Fire Station (as previously mentioned)
    Bell Tower on 34th
    Villa Rinata
    House of Blues
    The Gallery
    The Houston Club
    Magnolia Hotel

Those are just a few.  Let us know if you need more help!  :)

• edited December 2011
    If you're looking for unique, I know the Musueum of Natural Science does wedding receptions.  Check out their website.  I have the same budget as you and I booked with The Plaza Downtown.  Their rates are very reasonable and they were able to accomodate me for less than $10,000.  Also try Demer's Banquet Hall which have all-inclusive packages, as well.  Their staff is very friendly.
    TTC #1 since 11/2010
    Me: 33 dx PCOS 11/2012
    DH: 37 SA 6/2012 - normal
    Cycle #1 on 50 mg Clomid 12/2012 - unsucessful
    Cycle #2 on 75 mg Clomid + Trigger 01/2013 - unsucessful
    Cycle #3 on 600 mg Vitex + acupuncture 02/2013

Anniversary
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Plaza downtown as well. when we looked it was still renovating and the guy literally would keep throwing numbers out until you were happy. and it was far lower than most places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards