Texas-Houston
Options

Bridal Gown Shopping

I don't have a huge budget for a dress but when my mom and I start looking (which needs to be soon since wedding is in Feb), I want to have a great/memorable experience! I'm trying to stay away from the chain stores because of the horror stories, but I know thats what fits into my budget best!

Ladies, please help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Gown Shopping

• Options
    lizgardinerlizgardiner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't like the chain stores. I was able to find this bridal store off of 1960. Its called Paneche Bridal store. After going to davids bridal I really wasn't wowed. I found this store by accident, I was a walk in on a Saturday and they were super busy. Rosa, my consultant now, still took me in. I told her what I wanted and my budget and she walked right to the rack and had like 4 dresses. The first one I tried is now my dress. My dress was originally $1500 and I got it for $400! Plus alterations. They offer layaway and are all super great! Hth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's actually where I bought a few prom dresses!!! I will try to book an appointment soon.... Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mandan5Mandan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had really great experiences at Houston Bridal Gallery and Brickhouse Bridal.  Something else to consider is ordering from Pearl's Place in New Orleans.  They often have dresses for much less than the local bridal stores.  My sister ordered her dress from there and it was $400 less than she could find it locally.  Good luck!

• Options
    sfowler426sfowler426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alot of my friends have really loved and bought from Ventura's bridal their wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses.  It looks a little iffy on the outside but it's got TONS of dresses and you can buy off the rack.
  • Options
    akeptwoman26akeptwoman26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my Wedding Gown, bridesmaid dresses, jewerly, server set and toasting flutes from PANACHE as well. Rosa is my consultant and they are very helpful. Once you purchase your gown from there, you get a percentage off of everthing else you order from them.
    I highly recommend them as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine this weekend at Ventura's! My weddin is in March so I was on a time crunch as well. It is a little iffy on the outside and it really isn't that glamorous on the inside either, but their selection is FANTASTIC!! After researching the style of dresses I wanted and figuring out which dresses I wanted to try on, Ventura's was the only place with most of them available to try on. It was a one stop shopping day. You also get a percentage off everything else you by from them. My consultant was Joanna... she was fabulous!! Highly recommend them :o)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    llomasllomas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Ventura's Bridal. They have a large selection in a variety of price ranges. My consultant was Brenda, and she was wonderful. Hope you find THE dress!
  • Options
    sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mandan, I sent you a private message :)

Ooops!!! I meant to send to amcswain! Sorry

• Options
    edited December 2011

For those of you who went to Ventura's Bridal, do they really only let you bring TWO guests?  I want to set up an appointment there but I am NOT going without my Mom, future MIL, and 2 MOHS!

~Maren 7/14/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards