Texas-Houston

Bridal Party Size - Too Many People?

Hey Knotties, need opinions on what you guys consider too big of a bridal party?

Is 6 BM's & 6 GM's a lot.  I was thinking maybe 8 & 8 but family says it's too many people. 

What is your bridal party consist of?  Help!

Re: Bridal Party Size - Too Many People?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think the number really matters. I think that is a good sized bridal party but if they are all people who are important to you, then I think it is perfectly fine!
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • edited December 2011
    I think the number is fine. There is certainly no right or wrong number. Just something to consider, the more people you have in your bridal party, the more expenses you may encounter, i.e. gifts, flowers, etc.
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really have eight best friends and absolutely cannot choose, that is fine. IMHO, asking that many people to shell out quite a bit for a dress etc can be a burden on that many people, AND you will have to buy that many more bouquets etc. Another idea is having some be in the house party instead, that way they can be involved in wedding and you can have a smaller bridal party.

• edited December 2011
    Up to you and how much you can deal with. The more people you have, the harder it can be to get all of those people on the same page. we have 6 and 6. It gets hard sometimes.
  • edited December 2011
    This is a personal preference. The more people, the more money you possibly have to spend, but the more help you will have. FI is having 6 and I am having 5.
  • aylerzaylerz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having 6 & 6 and it's just fine. I get a lot of "oh that's too many" but I have two sisters, plus my future sister-in-law plus my best friends. There was no way around it, so I think it's just fine.
  • FullwedFullwed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies.....really appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards