Texas-Houston
Options

Houston Dress Boutiques - Plus Size

Have any of you guys been shopping for plus sized gowns at the bridal salons around town?  I sort of wanted to avoid the Davids Bridal/Alfred Angelo set if I can, but I don't know if these little shops cater to larger gals.

Re: Houston Dress Boutiques - Plus Size

• Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a size 18 and there were SOME at Weddings by Debbie, but definitely not a lot. I think the Princess Bridal in Old Town Spring has a decent selection as well.

I would suggest that you call around and ask what they have available to try on. Alfred Angelo really had the best selection when it came to the fuller sizes.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    aylerzaylerz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a size 18 (but whoa that means a way bigger size in bridal) and Princess Bridal was good, Ventura's was also really good. Panache in the willowbrook area was the best, though, they definitely had the best selection in the best sizes for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in your same situation.  Before Kate MIddleton's dress made the headlines, I saw NOTHING online or in person at Davids Bridal or Alfred Angelo.  I checked Davids Bridal online this month and was pleasantly surprised they not only have increased the # of non-strapless dresses, but have also added a lot of gowns with lace.  I like that DB has every dress in smaller size and size 20.  I am not able to imagine myself into a dress, plop down $1000+ and hope it looks good on once my size arrives.  The Allure Bridal line is the look I love, and while Princess Bridal had those dresses, they had nothing from that line beyond a size 10 to try on.  I did just receive a trunk show invite to Princess Bridal for Enzoani (sp?) line for the plus size bride.  I think its the first weekend in August, so maybe you should try that!  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Ventura's.  I am a 16 in street clothes and ended up buying my dress in an 18.  Ventura's has a whole room of plus size samples to try on.  I don't think you would be disappointed. 
  • Options
    llomasllomas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely go to Ventura's Bridal, they have a variety of styles and sizes in a wide range of prices. THats where I got my dress. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards