Texas-Houston
Options

Taking E-Pics in College Station

I had a few questions for the girls who have or are going to take pictures in College Station.  We plan on taking some in Blocker (one of the buildings on A&M campus) and I didn't know if I needed to get special permission from someone.  If I do, who would I contact?

We also plan on taking them at Dixie Chicken.  Do we need permission there?

The rest are just going to be random places around campus (century tree, research park...)

These will be the first time that FI or I have had professional photos, so we are both really excited.  If you guys have any suggestions on anything (from props to ways to stand, to places) let me know.  We are using Paperdolls, so I think they will be great regardless what we do :)

Re: Taking E-Pics in College Station

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Blocker--I imagine you probably wouldn't need permission unless the building is locked. it's pretty much an always open public building.

absolutely do not need permission to take pics in the Chicken. I didn't get permission.

I hate props, so no suggestions there. posing--your photographer will do that for you, but I hate "poses"... the pics look better when yall are relaxed and natural. some of the best shots my photog got were the ones where we didn't know the camera was going and were just interacting with each other.

more suggestions for locations: in and around Kyle Field (do need permission to go inside, but no permission needed to take pics with it in the background), downtown Bryan. also since it's bluebonnet season now, maybe the side of a highway or something? I think there's supposed to be a really good field out towards Snook that's good for that.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donna (Paperdolls) did our epics in College Station and we loved them. I hear that a lot of the buildings on campus are locked now after hours and weekends so just beware of that. We didnt have to have permission anywhere else except for Kyle Field.  It was definitely worth the money and so much fun! We did century tree, the aggie ring (awesome!), northgate, etc. It was fun. Donna is going to be a pro at shooting aggieland soon! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a time limit, so we pretty much made a circle around the whole campus and then went to Northgate.  Albritton Tower is also a great place with it's little archways.  We got one of my favorite shots there.  The columns at the Administration building are gorgeous!  The stairs by the Education Building offer a cool texture.  The Quad has it's archways and the diamond walkway.  There's always Bottle Cap Alley and Fish Pond or the H2O fountain.  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards