Texas-Houston
Options

Rockefeller Hall and Courtyard on St James Place

Hi ladies! 
I've been lurking for a few months but finally decided it was time to post something.  I'm finally getting ready to book our reception venue and I think I've narrowed it down to two - Rockefeller Hall and Courtyard on St James Place.  Does anyone have any experience with either venue?  I'd love to hear any positives/negatives before we book.  TIA!

Re: Rockefeller Hall and Courtyard on St James Place

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice choices!  Those were two of my top three (I ended up choosing the other option, though).  These are my two cents:

I toured Rockefeller and really, really liked it other than the cinder block walls (which add character, just not my style) and the general area.  Also, my fiance and my dad weren't fans of the upstairs/downstairs set up. 

On the good side (which was everything else!), the women who run it are incredibly friendly and totally on top of their stuff...they were great to work with!  And the place is gorgeous!  If it hadn't been for finding the venue we ultimately booked, we likely would've chosen Rockefeller.

I had an appointment to tour Courtyard but cancelled after I found my venue.  Also, we did not want an outdoor ceremony and weren't crazy about the indoor set up so it wasn't for us.  A friend of mine got married there, though, and had nothing but amazing things to say about it.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.  Good luck!
    Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Courtyard and really considered it and looked at Rockefeller but did not consider it based on what Washington has turned into.  It is just too much of a party street now and the traffic is too nasty at night.  I didn't want my reception to end and people to be in the middle of all that.  With that said, it does provide good alternatives once your reception ends if this is what you're looking for!  Are you having a church wedding first or all in one and how many people do you have?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually toured Rockefeller Hall today and absolutely loved it!  The people there are really helpful and knowledgeable.  My wedding will be about 250 guests so I think it's going to be a little too tight for my wedding.

Pros: Historical location, great staff, room for a band/DJ, ability to mold the venue into whatever you want

Cons: Can't use your own caterer, might be tight for large weddings
  • Options
    Mandan5Mandan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info!  We're planning on having the ceremony and reception at the same place.  The wedding should be relatively small...we're aiming for about 120 people. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding reception at the Courtyard in January and LOVED it!!!  I worked with Scott and he was fantastic.  They are very easy to work with.  We had our reception upstairs.  I also have a friend who had both her ceremony and reception there and also had a really good experience.  I really don't have anything negative to say about the Courtyard or the staff.  If you need more information, let me know. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friend's wedding was at Courtyard last fall and she had about 140 people.  It was BEAUTIFUL and the food was amazing!  I have been to 3 other weddings there and the food is always great, plus the location is beautiful!  I would highly recommend it!
  • Options
    rrogers24rrogers24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello mac012,

I am also getting married at Courtyard on St. James next year (wedding and ceremony) and also working with Scott....just love him so far for telling me the truth!!  Anyway,  is there ANYTHING that you can recommend.  Any dos and donts.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding at the Courtyard, but my company is right down the street and we use them for all our events.  Amazing food, service, and the venue is really neat-a really nice courtyard, the interior is very pretty as well.  If my fiance wasn't against a wedding in the galleria, I would have picked there.  But, I haven't seen the Rockefeller Hall so I may be a little biased :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards