Texas-Houston

Bridal Shop Suggestions

I'm going to Houston next weekend with one of my BMs and we thought we'd try to set up a few bridal shop appointments. I'm 90% sure I've found my dress in Austin but Houston has great shops and I think this will be the confirmation I need to either move forward with the dress I've already found or decide to keep looking. I'm looking to stay under $2,500 and wondering where the best places to look are if I'm only going to be there for a day. Thanks for your help ladies!!!

Re: Bridal Shop Suggestions

• edited December 2011

Neiman Marcus.  I didn't go there, but a good friend did and she got a beautiful dress. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • misshoustonmisshouston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brickhouse Bridal was my favorite shop and where I got my dress.  Weddings by Debbie is supposed to have the most dresses, but I did not think they have good service and it would probably be impossible to get a Saturday appointment.  Ventura's selection is ok.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Weddings by Debbie and they do have a TON of dresses and will help you stay with in your budget. However the PP was right, good luck trying to make an appt on a Saturday and they aren't very polite. If you can get in its worth it though. Also, try out Princess Bridal in Spring. They have a lot, are friendly and within your budget. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend got her dress at Weddings by Debbie. They have a great selection, and our service was fine. When we went back for bridesmaids dresses, the experience was very different. The service was much worse.

I got my dress at Ventura's. I was happy with the selection, and the prices seemed more fair than at Weddings by Debbie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ventura's on 610
  • PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get my dress at Weddings by Debbie, but I did go there to try dresses on. I actually walked in on a Saturday and grabbed a cancellation spot. If you decide to try there, and they are booked just ask to be put on the cancellation list.

The service was okay. I am not the typical looking bride so I think I was judged before I even had a chance, but the lady that helped me was young and very nice. The selection is pretty amazing though. Not going to lie.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!! There were so many to look at this definitely helped!
  • edited December 2011
    +1 for weddings by debbie

winnie couture was nice too.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• edited December 2011

I got my dress at Weddings by Debbie.  I always had great service.  I also tried on dresses at Venturas

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Ventura's and it was way under your budget. I got there as they opened on a sunday and was helped right away despite not having an appt.
  • edited December 2011
    Princess Bridal in Old Town Spring. Beautiful dresses, and the sweetest people. We were a walk-in and were treated wonderfully.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I went to Brickhouse and Weddings by Debbie and was happy with both...was treated very well at both and didn't have a problem securing appointments at either.  I ultimately found my dress at Weddings by Debbie...

I personally love Pronovias dresses (which is what mine is) and both shops had nice selections of this designer's dresses. 

I would recommend either.

Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards