Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Eco-friendly alternative for flower girls

Hey y'all. My wedding is less than five months away so it's crunch time for me. I have four beautiful flower girls who are already practicing tossing anything and everything down imaginary aisles! We're getting married on the beach in NC so I want them to throw something that is eco-friendly but also not too costly. I don't know if we'll be able to afford real flower petals for four girls. Any suggestions?

Re: Eco-friendly alternative for flower girls

• Save on Crafts sells Eco friendly bio degradable confetti. But they only need a handful of petals each, I don't think other options would be much cheaper. You could always ask your florist about leaves, which should be less expensive than rose petals.
  • A dozen roses cost less than $20, especially if you get them from Costco or Sam's Club stores. These can be purchased a few days before the wedding, keep in a vase, then pluck the petals and give to them to toss. Depending on any color you may want, other flowers are equally inexpensive. You can get roughly 20 petals from each rose x 12 = 240 petals. 60 petals per flower girl.

• My flower girls are going to carry pomanders/kissing balls.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm going to check with the locals and see about flower petals. If that's a no-no, I might just have them flail some ribbon wands around. Heck, they're preschoolers in princess dresses. They'll do whatever.  :)
  • Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
  • I liked the idea of the seashells being tossed until I remembered I'm walking barefoot down that aisle! I think they will either carry pomanders (DIY) or wave ribbon wands (also DIY).
  • Hey, I know you've probably already had your wedding, but for anyone in looking at this idea for the future...

I really like the shell idea as well. As far as being barefoot and/or accidentally stepping on the shells, explain to the girls not to toss the shells everywhere, but to toss them on the sides of the aisle - almost lining the path to your future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards