Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding at Hotel Galvez

Hi ladies

I am in love with Hotel Galvez and want to have my wedding/reception there...however, they have changed management recently and it shows! The coordinator seemed unsure about everything I asked her. She quoted me different price minimums 3 times! Wanted to know if any other brides are planning a future wedding here and what has been your experience. Thanks!

Re: Wedding at Hotel Galvez

• Options
    mhphoustonmhphouston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Get your quotes in writing. I can see the different prices being quoted if the coordinator works on a quota and has numbers that need to be met different times of the month. This may work to your advantage.

• Options
    lmasters15lmasters15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked their last year when I was looking for venues.  They said they're food/bev min was $10,000.  I ended up going with the San Luis because the staff and coordinator there were much friendlier.  And they push that terrace ballroom that I dont like because half your guests are basically in another room and can't see anything. 
    But that was just MY experience. 

This may sound dumb, but their prices may have increased for 2011 since it's their 100 year anniversary.  So that may be why they are confused on the prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lginn07lginn07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in December and have been working with Angie. She is very sweet and they all have been very helpful!! Yes it is 10,000 dollar minimum however with how many people our coming to our wedding/ reception it wasnt hard to surpass that and this was not a problem for us! It is a beautiful place to get married. Mine is in the Verranda Terrace ballroom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards