Texas-Houston

Would you take a chance?

I justed started planning recently.  I am really considering perhaps hiring a wedding planner or wedding coordinator.  That being said, I have started to research some of the planners/coordinators out there.

Here is my question:
I found a newbie wedding planner/coordinatorperson.  She has no real experience planning weddings but is willing to do it for free in return she will use our photos & will want a good review.

I'm afraid that I will constantly worry because of her lack of experience.  I also feel that if she doesn't do a good job, I will feel obligated to give her a good review even though she may be less than great.

What would you do?

Bring her in & let her work my wedding or just pass & find someone I can trust?

Re: Would you take a chance?

• I don't know, she may go above and beyond to get a great review since she is so new.  That's how I would be.  Then again it could back fire.  I would probably do it and make sure your expectations of her are very clear.
  • What does she have experience in? Maybe she isn't a wedding coordinator but she planned corporate events. Find out her work experience and see if you can get references on her dependability, promptness, and overall attitude.

I voted don't trust your day to a complete newbie. Even before she started this career she should have been an assistant to another experienced planner.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • I would think she can do research on what needs to be done and you can give her a very specific list, we got married in Sept, I would highly recommend a day-of wedding coordinator.
    I wouldn't leave good feedback if she didn't do a good job.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I am taking a chance...i hired a classmate for $250.00 that is trying to get into the business as my day-of coordinator...i am way too anal to have trusted her with the entire event..i hv everything under control..but I need her to make sure everything runs smooth...no stress on the big day..i asked for a profolio..well she only did one wedding within a time frame of 4 days...they seemed to hv a very very small budget..decorations looked dollar store (guess they wanted to get married in a hurry)..im doing everything so everything will be to my liking..so no worries about someone else no getting it right!! Lol I also have another classmate that is already in the business..she wanted $650.00 for day-of...although she has more experience...i didnt want to pay for the unneeded extras...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards