Texas-Houston

DJs?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for DJs? I was referred by my venue to DJ Brothers, but wanted to see if there were other options. I'd prefer not to spend a ton, but our reception is long, so I expect to have to pay more. What is reasonable for a DJ? Thanks.

Re: DJs?

• I used Jonny Black Productions and I was extremely pleased with their services. I would recommend them 105%. Great prices, great services, and very professional.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• I'm also using Jonny Black Productions for my wedding they gave us a good deal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DJ Sounds by Mario (832) 665-6049 was our DJ (we got married Sept 2011), he charged us $75/hour, he played the ceremony and reception music, he played all the songs we liked and had requested beforehand.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • I just booked through DJU productions, and the rate for my saturday wedding (for JUST DJ services... not uplighting or anything) was $800 for 4 hours, + $100 per additional hour.  I think that's somewhat reasonable (it was just about what we budgeted).  And DJU was highly recommended to us.  Specifically, DJ Darrel Ripley.  But I guess I'll find out in 4 months!  :)

SaveSave
  • We're using Jonny Black Productions as well :) glad to see others would recommend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• We hired Bill from DJU, and he was amazing. Almost every single of our 150 guests was on the dance floor for 3 hours. He was really professional, and we got a good rate by getting a counter-offer from Johnny Black (who I've heard is also good).
  • Thank for y'all's responses! I checked with Jonny Black and they quoted $300 higher than DJ Brothers and that was with his current special. I had hoped to stay under $750, but DJ Brothers was $800 and that works. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards