Texas-Houston

Experience with Leighton Ogg - Agave Road Minister?

Hi everyone!  This is my first post on the boards!  Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Leighton Ogg (minister for Agave Road in Katy, TX)?  I can't find any reviews, websites, or comments on the web.  I emailed him (maybe her?) a couple of days ago to see if he could email me some sample ceremonies or tell me more about the ceremonies offered and for some background information/experience.  The only response I got was "I will contact you as the time gets closer to your date to discuss these details."  This was not exactly the response I was looking for!  My wedding is not until Oct. 27, 2012, but I would like to know sooner, rather than later if I need to look for another minister. 

Please Help!!!!

Re: Experience with Leighton Ogg - Agave Road Minister?

• edited December 2011
    I'd like to know this too! We are considering Agave Road as our venue as well.
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ouch. That's not a very friendly response! 
  • Karina0730Karina0730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Agave Road on 12.09.11 and we still have not heard from the minister.

When I first sent an e-mail, I got the same "form letter" response.

I met with DIana for our first planning session, and she said to e-mail again. I did and got the response "I will call you this week." Nothing.

I just e-mailed again and included my phone number...53 days til the wedding and I have no idea what's going on.  The minister is the only "vendor" I have had issues with during our planning process.

I will post again when and IF I get a response.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_experience-leighton-ogg-agave-road-minister?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:d122ddb0-29c9-4b3f-b663-3a04e2680da2Post:b9a37c22-72a1-4f92-a683-200efb3df13d">Re: Experience with Leighton Ogg - Agave Road Minister?</a>:
    [QUOTE]...53 days til the wedding and I have no idea what's going on.  The minister is the only "vendor" I have had issues with during our planning process. I will post again when and IF I get a response.
    Posted by Karina0730[/QUOTE]

Yikes!  This does not ease any of my worries.  I am very curious to hear the outcome.  We have already signed our contract to include their minister.  But I would rather just spend a few hundred dollars on another minister I feel confident in if it save me some grief.  Let me know how things work out.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay. We got in touch and he is FABULOUS!!! We met with him at his office and everything was SO easy. He has SO many resources.   First he gave us information about licenses in Texas, then he asked if we had anything specific in the ceremony, if we had any particular readings we wanted.  Well, I had NO idea!! What an AWFUL bride!  BUT he had so much information.  He asked us guiding questions about how we wanted it to sound and what was important to us and BAM he pulled out a ceremony script and it was PERFECT! I wanted to cry just reading the words to myself.  After we read it over, he asked if there was anything else we wanted to add or change and I asked for a few sample prayers to add to the end and he made us several copies of some of his favorites. 
    He said whenever I want to add, or change anything (even up to the last moment) to please let him know.

The whole process took about 30 minutes!  It was amazing and now I see why perhaps he wanted to wait until a bit closer to the wedding. I guess my check-list personality got the best of me.

No worries about your 10.2012 wedding.  He is wonderful at and has such great ideas. The process will be a breeze!!

I hope this was helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    How did it go with Leighton Ogg? Was it great? Good? OK? worst ever?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!
    After reading through his awesome ceremony scripts we decided to write our own ceremony - yes the WHOLE thing.  I e-mailed it to him two days before the wedding and he had it printed with a few extra lines hand written in to make it flow a little better.  You could tell he had rehearsed it and knew exactly where to put the emphasis like when we met "many MANY years ago."

Everyone commented about how it sounded like he really KNEW us because of the way he read everything.  He was fabulous!! And SOOO sweet. When I started crying during the repeat after me part, he slowed down to give me time to ge composed.

LOVED HIM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards