Texas-Houston
Options

okay knotties, i need your help!

so a friend of mine just had to completly scrap her wedding plans and it is 60 days from her original wedding date! they are on a pretty tight budget but i was hoping y'all could help me out with some vendor suggestions for her. she needs help with...

a. caterers
b. florists
c. cake people
d. an officiant
e. videographers

i know some of these things are asked about all the time on TK, so i apologize for being redundant. i just wanted it all in one post! TIA!

Re: okay knotties, i need your help!

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    florist: alwaysfloral.com
    cake: timtations.com
    caterer: Cleopatra Catering or Los Cucos

Those were all very budget friendly.

Hope everything works out for your friend.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man!  Best of luck to your friend...here are a few recommendations:

a. caterers - n/a
    b. florists - Weddings in Bloom - they were the least expensive and most helpful of the 4 or 5 that I contacted
    c. cake people - Cakes by Gina
    d. an officiant - The Wedding Ministers (James Scarborough)
    e. videographers  - n/a
    Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake - Edible Designs by Jessie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you so much! i will pass these on to her!
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Cakes - try celebrations and sweet creations, I think they are pretty cost friendly or I think TXSun got her cake at HEB and was really satisfied with it. There are a couple girls on TN that make cakes try contacting them

Caterers - Not sure, we had our rehearsal at Cabo's and I think they cater, they were really easy to work with

Video - not sure of their budget, but if they are looking to save $$ maybe see if a friend can video

Florist - Not sure on a florist, maybe suggest ordering in bulk online, or I think I have heard of girls getting theirs at Sam's or try Hubbell and Hudson in the woodlands, or to cut costs on flowers throw in more candles!!

Good luck to your friend!

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh i totally agree with E on Hubbell & Hudson I was able to get my flowers for really inexpensive for the reception. And they have gorgeous flowers.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is she located? or where will the wedding be located?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    her wedding was originally a desination wedding in mexico, but now she is going to try for the heights firestation, if they are available. she is looking at small, inexpensive venues in the loop.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second James Scarborough! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Florists, if bouquets, try Randalls. They really do a good job, inexpensive.

Officiant: Wedding Pastor. http://weddingpastor.com/, $250 (based on location). The form can be faxed to them with information (found on website), you put either a $50 or $100 deposit depending on which ceremony type selected and then final payment due in person on wedding day.

Videographer/Photographer: Photomundo1. contact Tania, 832-279-9376. Their wedding packages start from $1350 (includes photography and videographer) up to $2,730. Check out the website: http://www.photomundo1.com/index.html for galleries and packages, they list their prices. 

Tongue out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards