Texas-Houston
Options

Hiring a Day of Coordinator

I'm contemplating hiring a day of coordinator and had a few questions:
 - How far in advance do you need to book a day of coordinator?
 - For those of you who got married at Courtyard on St. James Place - did you think you needed one or was your coordinator at Courtyard sufficient?
 - How much do people spend on day of coordinators?
 - Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: Hiring a Day of Coordinator

• Options
    edited December 2011
    id say as soon as possible, you dont want them to be booked on your day, just like any other vendor.  I was able to get mine free through bartering so I can't help ya on price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree asap is probably the best idea. Our venue came with one.. its nice to know the day of you only have to worry about getting dressed and saying I do and all the details and coordinaing are in someone elses hands.
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was worth it and I paid $1500.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Courtyard and did not have a separate day of coordinator.  I used the ladies at my church for for the ceremony and then the folks at the Courtyard for the reception.  They plus the dj were plenty for me.  They did a great job of coordinating and setting up everything.  We took them some items for the reception a few days beforehand and everything was set up like we had talked about.  They grabbed us and gave us our food and then came to get us for dances, cakes, etc.  So I didn't feel that I needed one especially because my mom and I were very organized.  I guess it's a personal decision since other people are recommending getting one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards