Texas-Houston

Dress cleaners

Hey lovely locals, my wedding is 9/18 and I feel like I am totally running out of time. My dress is currently at seamstress for alterations and should be ready to pick up on 9/3. I bought it off the rack so who knows how many other girls (other than yours truly) have sweated buckets in it, plus there are a couple water-looking spots on the hips and front of the skirt that I have to get cleaned.

Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a cleaner that will get the job done well and will have my dress back to me in a week and a half or less? I'm in Deer Park, so anywhere in a half-hour/45-minute radius would be ideal. My SIL recommended Phoenix Cleaners in Friendswood but couldn't remember how long it took them with hers or how much it cost.

What is the average cost for this, for that matter? Ugh.

Panic mode is setting in and I'm trying like hell to thwart it, lol.
BabyName Ticker

Re: Dress cleaners

• suze423suze423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Sims Cleaners.  They do a really good job but it's a bit on the pricey side, depending on how fancy the dress is.  They start around $150.  There are locations in Meyerland, Sugar Land, and Pearland, which is probably closest to you.  Usually takes a week or two but they'll probably do it quicker if you tell them you're in a time crunch.  It's best to call first, at the Sugar Land store...281-242-4400.

You can look them up the address at simscitycleaners.com

Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My alteration lady took mine to a cleaners she trust. Not sure the name but you could call her shop - Jane's Bridal in Pearland. 281-485-6550. My dress was used - I bought it at the antique fair in Warrenton/Round Top. It had several stains on it and is covered with hand sewn pearls - delicate work.  They did a great job and it cost $100.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards