Texas-Houston

Best place to find a tux

Hey ladies,

I need help finding a place to rent tux's for my fiance and the groomsmen. My problem is finding a place to match our colors, which are black, white and pink. I didn't think the pink would be a hard color to find but apprently it is. My fiance wants to have the black tux, white shirt, white vest, and pink tie and have groomsmen wear black tux, white shirt, pink vest, black tie. I do not want a fushica or bubblegum pink just a hot pink. Oh, and the groomsmen don't want to pay a lot to rent the tux either, which is understandable. We tried Als formal wear already but no luck and honestly I don't really know of many places. Any suggestions would be fabulous :)

Re: Best place to find a tux

• edited December 2011
    try small boutique/bridal places. like the mom and pop shops. they usually have good prices and all colors.
  • edited December 2011
    Men's Warehouse had better prices than Al's but we ended up renting from Al's because their colors were better and they actually priced match what Men's Warehouse was offering me.
  • TLS2008TLS2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally like Men's Wearhouse better than Al's. I found that they had more colors. Our tux's were like $160 each. We also got 2 free ones.
  • edited December 2011
    I saw several kinds of pink at Men's Wearhouse. they have a wide variety of colors (I just looked: they have 10 different pinks). I also like their service better. bonus: they gave H a free suit (up to $400) for renting tuxes there, and it's a nice suit.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Looks like i'll be checking out the Men's Wearhouse :)
  • edited December 2011
    Men's Warehouse is where we are getting ours too.  We also get 2 free tuxes - I think their deal is 1 free tux for every 5 tuxes rented.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just came form ventura's and thier rentals are 60-80 depending on the style. By far the cheapest I have seen so far. I'm not so sure about their color selection but they seem to have a decent one.
  • edited December 2011
    esme: where is ventura's? Did you end up renting from there?
  • edited December 2011
    On 610 and Yale. Yes we will rent from there, everyone else we went to quoted us 140 and up. I just thought It would be pretty ridiculous for the gm to pay more than what the bms where paying for something they weren't even going to keep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards