Texas-Houston

Venue help!

Ok so I have been going back and forth the past two months on which venue to select.  I have come down to three: Hotel Sorella, Petroleum Club and Hotel Derek.  I wouuld love your help in deciding!  My guest count is 200... below are pictures

Hotel Sorella:  It is fairly new!  They haven't had any weddings there yet, the first one won't be until April of this year so I'm not sure how they are with service.  The decor is absolutely beautiful!  It's the smallest of the 3 but they said it would seat up to 230.  I'm just afraid there might not be a whole lot of room to move around.

Petroleum Club:  LOVE the view!  Only downside is the parking in downtown is bad and my parents say I shouldn't pick a place that would be inconvenient for my guests.  Also their gold curtains throw me off a little (my colors are violet, black white and silver).

Hotel Derek:  I love the hotel, but the downside is the ballroom doesn't have any chandeliers and I love chandeliers!  It's a bigger ballroom than Sorella but the decor doesn't wow me like it does Sorella. 

Any input would be greatly apppreciated!  Thank you knotties!!!

Re: Venue help!

• kn8973kn8973 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Ah for some reason my previous post did not post!  So I'll write it again..

I was hoping you guys could help me..  I have been going back and forth for the past two months between three venues.  I can't decide between Hotel Sorella, Hotel Derek and Petroleum club... I would love to hear opinions of what you all think! They are about the same in price, maybe $1k-$2k difference.

Hotel Sorella- I love the decor, only problem is I feel it may be a little tight.  My guest count is 200 and they said it would fit up to 230 but I'm afraid there won't be much room to move around.  Also they a fairly new and have not had any weddings held there, there first wedding is in April so I'm unsure of how service would be being that they are rookies

Hotel derek - The hotel is beautiful, but the ballroom didn't wow me like hotel sorellas.  It's larger, but there aren't any chandeliers, and I love chandeliers. 

Petroleum club - love the view!  My only concern with this is downtown parking is so bad. Also the gold curtains throw me off. My color theme is violet, black, white and silver.. so the gold curtains do not fit my colors.

I will post each picture individually below... please let me know what you think!
  • kn8973kn8973 member
    edited January 2012
    Hotel Sorella
  • kn8973kn8973 member
    edited January 2012
    Petroleum club
  • Hotel Derek
  • I am totaly loving Hotel Sorella.  Are there prices in the same range as Petroleum Club or a little higher?
  • They're a few thousand higher
  • Hotel Sorella is REALLY pretty, but I LOVE Petroleum Club's windows and view.  To me, windows and view are a non-negotiable.

But, I will admit, the parking issue does worry me.  If it's that big of a problem, maybe go with Sorella.

I wouldn't be worried about the curtains at PC.  I don't think your guests will really notice them clashing.

SaveSave
  • I like Hotel Sorella too.It looks like no other. I would go with that one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards