Texas-Houston
Options

looking for PRETTY affordable reception venues

My fiancé and I are planning a wedding in Houston or the surrounding area for March 2013. We'd like to keep the budget to $5000-$7000 for reception , $10,000 for both ceremony and reception. Guest list will be around 100. I'm okay with doing it all at one location. BYOB is preferred because that seems to cut down the cost a lot.
I'm not from Houston and I've no idea where to start looking. We want a vintagey feel. Nothing too modern or too cookie cutter. Any suggestions? Affordability is our biggest priority.

Re: looking for PRETTY affordable reception venues

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_looking-for-pretty-affordable-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:f517bc62-fac5-43c5-b8e2-d5a54a01e272Post:b5cc211d-268f-44ac-8bad-3646403b2433">looking for PRETTY affordable reception venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancé and I are planning a wedding in Houston or the surrounding area for March 2013. We'd like to keep the budget to $5000-$7000 for reception , $10,000 for both ceremony and reception. Guest list will be around 100. I'm okay with doing it all at one location. BYOB is preferred because that seems to cut down the cost a lot. I'm not from Houston and I've no idea where to start looking. We want a vintagey feel. Nothing too modern or too cookie cutter. Any suggestions? Affordability is our biggest priority.
    Posted by colleen71286[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>While this place doesn't have the room to allow for the ceremony, it's an awesome spot for the reception. The price is pretty good too, it includes open bar, and you have to hire a caterer. I should also add that, although there is enough seating for everyone, it's not traditional tables as in sit down dinner. We're doing heavy hors d'eouvres and stations.  Still, if your'e looking for something unique:</div><div>
    </div><div>Check out <a href="http://www.art-bar.net" title="Nouveau Antique Art Bar" rel="nofollow">www.art-bar.net</a></div><div>
    </div><div>We're having our reception there. The owner, Clark, is wonderful to work with, too.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Our reception of 150 will run us around $7,000...for the venue, the open bar and the food.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not sure of ceremoony locations in the area, but I will ask FI and get back to you. He's a cop and the bar is on his beat, so I'm sure he'll know of possible places for a ceremony.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Check out the Foundry room at the Belltower on 34th.  That's where I'm having my reception.  They can set it up for a ceremony and reception.  
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You should check out the Heights Firestation. 
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    Ashlynn Mannor is in your price range, I believe
  • Options
    Gardens of Bammel Lane! It is wonderful (I am biased). It is indoor/outdoor, has a beautiful conservatory, you bring in all your own vendors, it is very DIY, but the grounds are so beautiful, you don't have to do much.
  • Options
    I say Gardens of Bammel lane too.  It is very pretty but keep in mind that it is very DYI and should have lots of help available.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_looking-for-pretty-affordable-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:f517bc62-fac5-43c5-b8e2-d5a54a01e272Post:b5cc211d-268f-44ac-8bad-3646403b2433">looking for PRETTY affordable reception venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancé and I are planning a wedding in Houston or the surrounding area for March 2013. We'd like to keep the budget to $5000-$7000 for reception , $10,000 for both ceremony and reception. Guest list will be around 100. I'm okay with doing it all at one location. BYOB is preferred because that seems to cut down the cost a lot. I'm not from Houston and I've no idea where to start looking. We want a vintagey feel. Nothing too modern or too cookie cutter. Any suggestions? Affordability is our biggest priority.
    Posted by colleen71286[/QUOTE]
    <div align="center"><font color="#FF0000"><em><strong>tomorrow there is a bridal show type of thing or whatever yopu want to call it at cullens. my fiance and i are signed up, but we cant make it. your welcome to take our places if you would like. we are also gettimg married in march, our budget is pretty close to yours and we will also have 100 guests. im going crazy trying to find a place. im so tempted to say forget the whole thing and go to the court house lol </strong></em></font>
    </div> 
  • Options
    Visit Heights Villa
  • Options
    Definitely check out Oak Tree Manor, it's beautiful, it's historic, and if your guest list is 100 people you can do the ceremony and reception for less than $10k.
  • Options
    Oh yes, Oak Tree Manor is gorgeous. I was thinking $10k for the whole wedding budget, but for just the ceremony and reception, it could be under $10k
  • Options
    I should also mention we want to bring in our own caterer or find a place with a diverse menu. My fiancé is Indian and we would love to serve a fusion meal. I really don't want to serve chicken breast covered in sauce. We looked at Demer's because it was so cheap, but I'm not excited about their food at all.
  • Options
    Oak Tree Manor looks beautiful! Fiancé wants an outdoor wedding, I want vintage, elegant, and formal. Merging all those just may be possible.
  • Options
    Heights Firestation- unique but doesn't really fit our theme Heights Villa- beautiful, but stretching the budget before we even pay for food Ashelynn Manor- looks very pretty so far. I'm calling them tomorrow. Has anyone on here had a wedding there?
  • Options
    We looked at Amber Springs in Conroe today. Definitely a cheap option, but we would need to pick a different date. Saturday's are all taken of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards