Texas-Houston

Ventura's Bridal?

Has anyone gone here for a dress appointment? How was the service? What was the shop like? 
PersonalMilestone

Re: Ventura's Bridal?

• edited December 2011
    I got my wedding dress from there and we are getting BM dresses there too. they have good service. Saturdays are really busy.
  • KAnde818KAnde818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about going on a sunday. Is it true that appointments are only 30 minutes long?!
    PersonalMilestone
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Not sure on the time frame, but I got my dress and my BM dresses there, along with 3 other BM's dresses there for other weddings I was in and the service has always been great
  • KAnde818KAnde818 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made an appointment for sunday! I'll come back and do a review afterwards.
    PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    They took my measurements for a bridesmaid dress at the counter in front of a couple (not sure why she brought the guy) and several other women.  Then the lady asked if my ahem...chest...was all mine.  What an odd question.
    I was never shown the dress, just how much to pay.  Two weeks later they called me and the other bridesmaid and said they did the cost wrong and it was over $100 more for the dress due to our size.  I ended up paying $80 to have the dress altered and made approx 1-2 sizes smaller.
    Maybe as the bride your experience will be better.  I had always heard they were reasonably priced, but we paid just under $300 for the below dress (+ $80 in alt).

• BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was the 1st  place I tried on dresses. Yes I would suggest you make an appointment before you go. I had about 45 min- 1 hr appt. But the lady helping me wasn't very accomodating....she didn't understand that I didn't have an idea of what kind of dress I wanted. Duh, it was my first time. Then they have a NO CHILDREN in the back policy.....which totally bummed out my 6 yr old nephew...so bc of that stupid rule...I wasted alot of time going out into the other room to show my mom and sister and him. Then I asked to try on one more dress that my mom wanted to see and she said NO. We talked to the manager and it wasn't a problem. I'm not sure if the store is bad...but I know a couple of the associates suck at customer service. Needless to say I didn't buy my dress from them...I went to Princess Bridal in Spring. My cousin found her dress here and was very satisfied. I just had a bad experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience there... my consultant Natalie was great! It was pretty busy so she was running around doing other things at times but it didn't really bother me. I found my dress there and will be ordering in a few months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AwayWeGo08AwayWeGo08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went a few times and my consultant was Maria, I has a great experience. My appt time varied from 45- 2 hrs, she never made me feel rushed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jessica was my person - she never rushed me and measured me in the dressing room. when i needed to get extra fabric for my alterations (changing the neckline), she arranged everything. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_venturas-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:fae57458-680e-4e58-b6b5-4bcd5b939ebaPost:4fe2f059-dfec-4299-950e-1c6ad74bff40">Re: Ventura's Bridal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jessica was my person - she never rushed me and measured me in the dressing room. when i needed to get extra fabric for my alterations (changing the neckline), she arranged everything. 
    Posted by lewisc2002@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

Jessica is my consultant there too :) I love her, she is always so peppy! :)
  • kewl_chic17kewl_chic17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there in February and had a great experience. Adriana was my consultant and she was very helpful in pulling dresses after getting an idea what I was after. She was also very respectful of our soft budget, which was nice.

It was very busy on a Saturday, but I felt like she was focusing on me and not trying to hustle me out the door. It was actually really fun to see all the other brides there trying and finding their dresses!
  • aylerzaylerz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't remember who I had, but she was AWESOME. We went in purchasing a second dress for my reception, and she pulled about 4 - 5 dresses based on my price range. She even looked up my Ceremony dress so that she could get an idea of the style I was going for. She helped us narrow down the choices and when my mom was leaning towards one and I was going to buy it just to please her, she helped to talk me into buying the one I REALLY wanted. She even pulled dresses from the same designer for me to try on to help get an idea of the size I should buy (I was smack dab in the middle) My appointment lasted about an hour, and it was on a Sunday.
    I ordered an Allure Exclusive dress in March and it should be here in August!
    They also do tuxes, and my fiance is from Ohio, so he has groomsmen flying in. Not only are they giving us a great rate, but they can do their fittings 2 days before my wedding and have them ready in time.
    I had a great experience there.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't do it they told my sister to order a dress that was 4 sizes to big because of her chest, when it came in and she tried it on they zipped it up and it fell to the floor, and they wanted to charge her $400 to alter it. Don't do it girl!!!
  • AGB03AGB03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience trying on bridal gowns at Ventura's a few weeks ago.  Jessica was my consultant and she is really great at what she does.  She kept my budget in mind and helped me narrow down my selections to "the one".  My appointment was at 12:45; we arrived about 15 minutes early and waited until 1 to be helped because they were finishing up with another customer.  I believe I was trying gowns on for a full hour and didn't feel rushed or pressured at all.  I highly recommend them. 

Also, a previous poster is correct that children are not allowed in the back and only two people per bride are allowed.  I personally think this is a good policy as it keeps distractions to a minimum.
  • oOgollyoOgolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I went here yesterday had a lovely time and I totally found my dress! My consultant Natalie was amazing, super nice and not once rushed me or anything. I told her my budget and she only showed me dresses in that price range and was super helpful especially when it came down to two dresses I adored. I'm glad I decided to go there, I first went to Princess Bridal a few months ago and hated it there, my consultant was snooty, rude, and made negative comments on how skinny I am... yeah not going to win over customers that way. Anyways, needless to say I cannot WAIT to get my dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jessica was my consultant also. She is absolutely wonderful.
  • edited December 2011
    To Leigh - this is exactly what they did to me for a bridesmaid dress.  It was absolutely too big and had it been 1-2 sizes smaller, I could have saved $180.  $100 on the dress size charge and $80 on alterations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards