Texas-Houston

Bachelorette Party Bars in Houston

In the Midst of Planning my own wedding, I am planning my best friends Bachelorette.  I need everyone's opinion on the best places to go in Houston... Don't want to spend a whole lot but I don't mind a little bit of cost... Any Suggestions HELP!!! Need to book like yesterday!

Re: Bachelorette Party Bars in Houston

• edited September 2012
    In the Midst of Planning my own wedding, I am planning my best friends Bachelorette.  I need everyone's opinion on the best places to go in Houston... Don't want to spend a whole lot but I don't mind a little bit of cost... Any Suggestions HELP!!! Need to book like yesterday!
  • Check out Midtown (near howl at the moon, pub fiction, celtic gardens, christian's tailgate, etc) and Washington. 

I planned a friend's bparty and we spent the whole night on Washington. We paid $15 and rode The Wave and bar hopped all night long. It's safe and sooo much fun. http://thehoustonwave.com/

Also, you can check out pedal parties. It's NMS, but maybe something for your group. http://www.pedal-party.com/
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • If you want to make a night out of it there are several "drags" of bars in houston. 

Midtown: Celtic Garden, Howl at the Moon, Pub Fiction, Shot Bar and Drinkery are all walking distance from each other. You could start dinner out at Glorias (fancy, Dallas chain Mexican restaurant) and just use cabs if you are staying in downtown. In regards to costs: Dinner at Glorias is $20-ish with one marg, Howl has a cover and if you want to reserve a table I think its $100... Booze in the loop costs about $4/beer $5/mixed drink $7/vodka redbull sort of thing. 

Washington: I would start at a place like Kung Fu, then walk to Taps, Bar 8 and end at Rebels HonkeyTonk (half country/half rap music) Proximity to hotels is minimal. For dinner, I would recommend Max's Wine Dive or TQULA Once again, all these places are walking distance

Heights: This would be a little different. These are AMAZING bars, but more casual although there is some amazing Karaoke if thats what yall like to do. Dinner could be at Liberty Kitchen (new age American) or Bistro Zelko (just cute and presh little homestyle food) then drive to the drag of bars in the White Oak Area. Those are: Little Woodrows, Fitzgeralds (mostly a concert venue), BBs (good, casual cajun food, White Oak Ice House ($1 lonestars), Christians Tailgate (Karaoke) and Onion Creek (frozen screwdrivers) There is also a tacos a go go right there (casual mexican food) and a new french place and italian place.... Havent been to those yet. There are several Bed and Breakfasts in the Northern Heights (18th st) and the cab ride would be 10 mins RT at about $7/pp 

Downtown has limited pickings, but i would go with Luckys, Sunnys, and Sambuca.. they are the dive/hole in the wall fun places and Sambuca is a lounge sort of vibe.

I have also done the painting and drinking for a bachelorette party (near Montrose) and the stripping exercise classes (Galleria/Heights) they are at $50-60 respectively. 

• Pedal Parties are $30/pp if you have 16 people for 3 hours and you have to supply your own beers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards