Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

How to start planning

I have a good idea about what we want for our reception but I have no idea where to start with the ceremony.
The venue we picked is a hotel with a nice lanscaped area that has a gazebo. I dont know how I feel about getting married in a gazebo because I can't picture it.
We are getting married in june so I would like to do it outside. The good thing is that the rental includes an inside hall  different than the reception room where we can hold the ceremony if the weather is bad/.

Any ideas about where to start with the ceremony??

Re: How to start planning

• Do you have an officiant?  If so,  he or she will have a wealth of experience and suggestions for you to give your guidance.

Separate the gazebo part from your question.  That really has nothing at all to do with your ceremony.  A ceremony is a ceremony whether it's in a gazebo, on the beach, in a small country church, or in a cathedral.

Google "wedding ceremonies".  You'll find scores and scores of ceremonies.  Take what you like from some, discard what you don't, and you'll begin to come to realize those elements that are meaningful, and those that don't fit the two of you.  And then build your ceremony from there.

GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards