Rhode Island

DJ/MUSIC HELP!!!!!!

Good morning all, I am looking for some help with a DJ.  I received a quote from a DJ that came highly recommended to me for $1500 for 5hrs.  I was also interested in having a picture slide show, but he said he wanted to speak to me about the specifics of what I was looking for before he could give me a quote. I believe I will be able to bring him down a little in price, but not 100% on that.  Can anyone give me an idea of an estimate on a good DJ? We are also interested in having a violin, harp or cello play during the reception… I have found one price of $400 for an hour. This seems very expensive to me, but I don’t really have any music knowledge to know if it is or not. We are getting married in Newport next summer. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Re: DJ/MUSIC HELP!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
  • IrmjIrmj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also realize that IcePrincess above is Jason posing as a bride.  So if you are looking for a shady character, definately book him.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why Jason continues to post on here.
    that is the ONE reason I did not book with him, even though he came recommended to me, and his prices were reasonable.

You are hindering your business Jason, not helping it. I
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Sarah0335Sarah0335 member
    edited December 2011
    DJs do vary a lot in cost.  Ij you shop around you will be able to find more affordable DJs.  I am using sound force unlimited and he was very reasonably priced.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Jason Citrone at Music Mixers (not the same as Jason the poser-bride Ice Princess whatever above) and Moondance. The latter would definitely be cheaper and Music Mixers is probably competitive. 

We used La Bella Musica (emilychenviolin at gmail.com) for violin and cello and it was, I think, $325 for ceremony.
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    La Bella Musica is amazing.  I have performed and actually played at weddings with Morgan, the cellist, and I can say first hand that she is an outstanding musician!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards