Rhode Island

Vendor Reviews from 11/27/2010 Wedding

Wedding 11/27/2010 Vender Review:

Venue: Warwick Country Club- A++   Nick was so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process. I emailed him multiple times prior to the wedding and he would reply to my questions almost immediately! During our reception, he and his staff were VERY attentive. On top of the great service, the food was DELICIOUS (which I’m sure as most of you know, wedding food isn’t always that great). All of my guests still cannot stop talking about how wonderful everything was.

Photographer: Sara Zarella – TBD  We haven’t received or seen any of our photos from the wedding yet. However, up until the wedding, for engagement photos and working with her, she was wonderful. Sara has sooo much energy and love for what she does, it is contagious.

Florist: Golden Gate- A  Until the day of the wedding I would have given them a C, however everything we had talked about while planning came to life and was perfect. My flowers were more beautiful that I could have ever imagined! The only problem that I had was that no one ever answered the phone and I would leave multiple messages before I received a returned phone call (and I was the furthest thing from a bridezilla). Also, my sample centerpiece had a few missing flowers, so I was a bit nervous that they wouldn’t be there the day of, however everything was perfect.

Dress (Bride and Bridesmaids): The Bridal Shoppe (Warwick, RI) A+++++   The girls at the Bridal Shoppe are AMAZING!!! They were so wonderful to work with and made me feel like a princess every time I went in for a fitting. My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses there and couldn’t be happier. Marge, their seamstress, is absolutely wonderful!!! She even did the alterations for my mother, mother-in-law and flower girl out of her home, and did an AWESOME job!

Cake- Shemry’s Cakery: A+++++ Shemry made my groom’s cake (as a Shelby Cobra Car in Red velvet) and our wedding cake (5 layers all of different flavors) and I was truly amazed at how beautiful and intricate both were….and tastey too!  I really should post pictures. She was a pleasure to work with and I plan on using her for all of my events in the future!! (Her prices are great as well!)  

Invites- Scribe (East Greenwich, RI) A++  Jane from Scribe was great to work with. I am the kind of person that invents something in my head and she really worked at getting my ideas down. The invite was original and she did the calligraphy on each one!! She is truly talented and amazing! She even addressed all of the envelopes in calligraphy and put a stamp on them; all I had to do was put them in the mailbox!  

Jewelry: Simply Dainty (Cranston, RI) A+++++ I purchased all of my bridesmaids jewelry (handmade), my shoes, purse and hair pins. They were very accommodating and wonderful to work with. I appreciated all of her opinions as well. Planning a wedding can be overwhelming so deciding something as simple as what to put in my hair was hard, so it really helped to have a second opinion!

Limousine: Celebrity Limousine (Attleboro, MA)  A++ We rented an Escalade Limo from them and were very happy. They were super early, the limo was very clean and the driver was awesome! Couldn’t be happier!

Music- Mystique (band) – A  There is nothing like having a live band at a wedding. The dance floor was full the entire night! They even learned the Jessica Simpson song, “You Don’t Have to Let Go” for my father and I to dance to. My only complaint, that is very little, is that everything I spoke to with Peter, the “leader,” about didn’t really seem to translate to the lead singer, Sherri. For example, he had asked what song I didn’t want to hear…..and it ended up being one of the songs they played first, and then they messed up my centerpiece game, which I had gone over with Peter prior. Oh well..this is obviously one of the things only I noticed.

Rehearsal Dinner- Spain of Cranston A+++++  The service is so wonderful at Spain; one of our favorite restaurants!!! We had 50 guests with a private room, set menu, and plenty of space to move around. The food was EXCELLENT and the Sangria was delicious. Highly recommended!

Hair – Kenneth Cote Salon (East Greenwich, RI) A+++++ The salon accommodated me, 5 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl and my mother all for hair and make-up (in 2 ½ hours). They were so wonderful. They had 5 stylists for us all. Jen did my hair and Bob did my make-up and I don’t think I ever looked as beautiful!

Honeymoon- Global Travel (Warwick, RI) A+++++  My fiancé and I worked with Lori Franco who helped us find a place that was great to visit this time of year. We also do not travel often, so she was very helpful in making us feel comfortable leaving the country. We highly recommend her and plan on using her in the future!

** If anyone would like more information on any above vendor, please feel free to email me!!! **

Re: Vendor Reviews from 11/27/2010 Wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards