Rhode Island
Options

tower brides/Aliciaandbrian-timing

I noticed that Alicia had been caught off guard by the timing and extra costs at the towers, and I don't want the same to happen to me at my November wedding. I looked back at my contact and it says the caterer has 2 hours to set up and one hour to clean up, and 5 hours for the reception.So if my wedding is 6-11, the caterer gets there at 4 and is out by midnight? Is that enough time? We are using blackstone, any other tower brides use them and need more time?Thanks for the help!

Re: tower brides/Aliciaandbrian-timing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yes that should be fine.  I used Russell Morins AND I had a lot of things to be set up - They needed 3 hours and they almost always take 3 hours.  You are prepared to shut your band/dj down at 1030pm, right?  If not, you will be charged a fee to play until 11.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in ... I'm not at the Towers but your caterer can tell you how much time they need; mine said they need at least 3 hours, so I had to pay for an extra hour for the venue's attendant to be there.
  • Options
    kerac5kerac5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used West Bay Gourmet, and they cater at the Towers all the time.  WBG coordinated directly with the Towers on the hours and have it down to a science.  We did not have to pay for any extra set up/clean up time and WBG let me know exactly what I needed to pay Kate Vivian for rentals, timing etc well before the event.  In fact, I decided about 1 week before the wedding that I wanted to extend the reception by 1 hour to have more dancing, and Kate Vivian and WBG coordinated that with no issues.
  • Options
    kerac5kerac5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also- our DJ played until 1130 (we paid for the extra hour from 1030-1130 ahead of time).  There were no other fees associated with that extension.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Blackstone for my wedding at the Towers in April. I did receive an email from Kate when we got back from our honeymoon stating that Blackstone needed an extra hour for set up so I owed an additional $55. I didn't know they would require this ahead of time but obviously $55 is not much in the grand scheme of things so I just paid it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - $55.00 isnt much in the grand scheme of things - but interrupting your rehearsal dinner - and saying that I owed over $700.00 for things not in the signed contract IS a big deal.   The sad part is that I met with her about 3 times to go over everything - timing etc and she NEVER mentioned these fees.  Even $700 wouldnt have been a big deal IF i knew before hand.
  • Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found out that they changed the 1 hour set up to 2 hours when they increased the rates in March 2009.  I bet Alicia was under the old rules that only gave 1 hour. My paperwork says 1 hr in one place and 2 hours in another. Kate is sending me out new paperwork that says 2 hrs. good to know about the music as I don't want that to stop at 10:30 with the bar. I'll pay extra but want to know in advance and not at the RD.  I'm so glad I know about this in advance. Alicia-- your suffering has helped future brides!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well at least something good came out of it  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your input!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards