Rhode Island

Engagement Session Advice

Hi Ladies! We're scheduled to have our engagement pictures taken with Melissa Robotti this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice. If you did engagement pictures - did you change outfits? I know some people use props (balloons, kites, etc.). If you did, was it your idea or your photographers? TIA!

Re: Engagement Session Advice

• mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have mine taken in October, and I will bring a change of clothes. I would say it depends on what your style is and a change of outfit is best if you want two different looks. If you want some casual photos in jeans, but then also have some dressier photos in a skirt or dress, you have both on-hand. And you can always eliminate the photos you don't love, but it leaves your options open. HTH! PS - Props, not sure. I might take my 14-year-old dog because he's the true love of my life and getting on in age. GL!
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine taken with melissa last month. We went to newport. i did bring a change of clothes. We did one outfit a little more dressed up, and a second outfit a tiny bit more casual when we headed to the beach. I opted for more form fitting outfits..i wore one purple sheath dress..i didn't want anything too flow-y I also stayed away from crazy prints too. basically chose 2 bright colored dressed I felt comfortable with. FI wore a button down and khakis and then threw on a polo shirt. We didn't bring props or anything like that! Good luck she's fabulous!!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our session with Melissa in July. I had brought an outfit change but ended up just wearing one dress for the whole session...I kinda regret that, but still love the pictures. We used a kite! We went to Bretton Point in Newport and there were tons of kites, I love those shots. As far as advice, the best I got was to have a drink before :) We did that and it loosened us up a little...it ended up being a lot of fun!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    When are you going and where are you going? I am doing pics sunday too and i am just curious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kerrijunekerrijune member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mary - I was thinking about bringing my 12 year old bichon along too...but we're heading out of town and I think it would be too much for her...but I love the idea!Holly & Kristen - I loved both of your pictures on Melissa's blog and they are definitely one of the reasons why we decided to do an engagement session. And having one drink to loosen up a little is a great idea!Shanna - we'll be taking ours on Monday up in Kennebunkport, ME - how about you??
  • edited December 2011
    Sunday at a beach. I have no idea which one. I wish I could make it up to ME!!
  • edited December 2011
    By ME I mean Maine, not me.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I haven't gotten them all back yet, but I love the teasers. Melissa and Kristin are fabulous! You'll have fun :)
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melissa told me I'd be getting them this week!Take a lesson from me..i loved all the teasers she posted but the first...I'm so slouchy...stand up straight!She's so easy to work with....after a while I almost forgot she was there!any props we had...consisted of a Del's lemonade we bought on the way!
  • edited December 2011
    We brought a change of clothes and also didn't which would have been a big regret.  That's the best advice I can give!  No props, my photographer did some great ring shots with fh faded out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards