Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

XP: What are your thoughts on this idea?

Hey everyone,

I am toying with the idea of having a small ceremony at this church: http://www.medinachapel.com/ and then having everyone come to a restaraunt to have dinner as a reception.  Neither me or the groom to be, is huge on parties or dancing.  This will be my second wedding and his first.  There will aslo be travel involved for the people attending the wedding.  After the honeymoon we were planning on doing an open house to celebrate the marriage.  What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks,
Julie

Re: XP: What are your thoughts on this idea?

• edited August 2010
    Hey everyone,

I am toying with the idea of having a small ceremony at this church: http://www.medinachapel.com/ and then having everyone come to a restaraunt to have dinner as a reception.  Neither me or the groom to be, is huge on parties or dancing.  This will be my second wedding and his first.  There will aslo be travel involved for the people attending the wedding.  After the honeymoon we were planning on doing an open house to celebrate the marriage.  What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks,
    Julie
  • Is everyone invited to the ceremony also invited to the reception?

If so, I think it's a great idea.  I had friends that did this:  second wedding for both, and after their ceremony, we all went out to a lovely restaurant for lunch.  And it was a wonderful wedding.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Yes, everyone is invited!
  • I don't understand the purpose of having a restaurant reception after the ceremony and an open house later. 
  • The wedding/reception is taking place about 6 hours from everyone else.  We want to have the open house so that friends and family that we didnt have attend the intimate wedding/reception have a chance to celebrate with us.
  • I have several friends who did something similar as far as trhe resturant. As far as the open house, we are doing something similar. My FI has a HUGE family and unfortunitly we just cannot invite everyone to the wedding/reception. so we decided to do a Friday wedding and Sat we are doing an open house and inviting EVERYONE to our house. That way his cousins, etc don't feel totally left out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards