Rhode Island

bridesmaid dresses

Hi Ladies! I am getting ready to pick dresses for my BM and I'm not sure where to start. I have found a bunch of different styles on knot.com that I like but its tough to tell what the colors are and how they fit, etc. Am I better off going to a bridal store and just picking from what they have in stock there? What if they don't have the colors for me to see? Thanks!

Re: bridesmaid dresses

• edited December 2011
    I brought a few pics to the store and went with my MOH.  Don't go with too amny people, everyone's taste is so different.  She tried on so many dresses, we narrowed it down to about 5.  A few weeks later, I brought all my girls to see/try on the 5 and welcomed any others they saw.  Funny thing is, we didn't go with any pics I brought. 
  • edited December 2011
    Most stores will at least have swatches or different colors, or sometimes another dress by that designer in that color fabric.I took 3 (out of 5) BMs shopping with me and they picked out the dress together.  I knew what color I wanted, so we just looked at any lines that had a shade of purple I liked.I suggest trying somewhere like Ana's Bridal, where they have a TON of BM dresses in the store.
  • edited December 2011
    I started out knowing what color I wanted, which wasn't up for discussion.  :-)  I took my twin sister with me and she tried on dresses.  She told me what she liked and what she didn't like.  I looked online at all the designers I could think of, to see which had maternity dresses (two of my 3 BMs are pregnant).  That narrowed it down to....one.  So we went with that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only have 3 BM. I picked a color and told them to pick the dress.We went to Ana's. They have a small room downstairs with tons of dresses separated by color.My theory was, if I'm expecting them to pay for it, they should be able to pick it out. 2 out of the 3 could make it, the 3rd one sucked up the choice the other 2 made.
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other ladies. Out of a group of girls, one is bound to not love the dress you pick out, so don't bother taking everyone and trying to please them all. I brought my sisters and mom for our first trip, and we found a few that we liked. And even if your girls have different body types and skin tones - there are plenty of simple and elegant dresses that look great on anyone. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having difficulty myself with this. I know what color i want but trying to find a budget friendly dress has not been easy. Still looking and have been to the usuals, wishing well, davids bridal( discontinued the shade of blue).... any other ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards