Rhode Island

Morin Catering

Has any bride used Morin Catering coming for their wedding? I really like their menu and everything they offer. We're planning to have around 125 guests. I was trying to get an approximate price check for using them and what they included with that? Are they more on the expensive side or is there another company that is just as good with delicious food and cocktail options? Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Morin Catering

• edited December 2011
    Did you receive a proposal with the menu? I did when I contacted them.

We're using Morin's and our prices are as follows;

Open bar $19 p.p.
    We're also providing table wine, which Morin's will serve at no charge.

Passed Hors D'ouvres $12.50 p.p.
    Chicken Saltimbocca
    Fig & Goat cheese crostini
    Prosciutto & Provolone Pizza
    Coconut Shrimp
    Short rib sliders

Dinner $37.50 - $46.50 p.p. depending on selections
    Braised short ribs with whipped asiago potatoes
    Grilled swordfish w/ polenta
    Roasted chicken provencal
    AND
    Butternut squash ravioli

Salad is a newport something or other (with frisee, nuts, cranberries, etc)

They do passed small "chocolate savories" and coffee included (unless you go with some premium selection)

Also, at the tasting they give you all sorts of other options, passed desserts, late night snacks etc.  Which are all very tasty, but can increase cost dramatically.

Other caterers to look at;
    Blackstone
    Emery's
    Plantation
    Simply Devine
    B&M clambake co (they do more than clambakes)
    Amalfi catering
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morin's also has the express menu for less formal dining options. They have pricing on their site.

I am using B & M Clambake and catering company. They offer a free tasting and their rates were very competitive. 
  • edited December 2011
    Russell Morin is great!  I like them a lot.  I'm using Plantation Catering and they are amazing.  I think it comes down to personal preference on plating and who you click with.  All of our catering quotes were pretty much within a few dollars of each other. 
  • lusciouslipslusciouslips member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Chantalcutie, I did receive some sort of proposal but it didn't seem right because it was almost double what every other catering company proposed. Morin did include complimentary linens, etc which you may choose to use or not but the price stays the same. Perhaps they like to propose a  higher end wedding menu, then some people cold adjust it down depending what you wanted to spend. I am planning on doing appetizers and a few stations so maybe that is why my quote is a little higher.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Morins' at Rhodes on the Pawtuxet Ballroom and they were fantastic.  They are the in-house caterer.   They allowed us to greatly customize one of their standard menus.  The menu prices change over time so ensure that you get the current year's pricing when you are on the site.  They honored the 2009 pricing (with our customization items costing extra) because we booked in 2009 and our wedding was in 2010. 

We had a bunch of special requests due to multiple dietary restrictions.  We worked with Abbie Partain at Rhodes who was just wonderful.    They had three packages for plated dinners Silver, Gold and Platinum.  and three buffets Silver, Gold and Platinum.    Both food and service were great....and my family likes their dinner and wants it on time.  

The charges were very fixed, there were not a lot of nickel and diming and no surprises on our bill. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards