Rhode Island

BM hair and makeup Protocol

Please share your thoughts on who should pay for bridesmaids hair and makeup. I know that myself, sister, and moms are getting their hair and makeup done but I'm not sure what to do for bm's. It's very costly for hair and makeup. Is it rude to ask the bridesmaids to pay themselves?

Re: BM hair and makeup Protocol

• If you present it as optional to the girls it is not rude. I would let them know who you are using and the cost, leaving it up to them. If you are insisting that they have it done then you should pay. Hope that helps! I do not think this something to go over budget for.
  • I agree with previous post.  If you are "requiring" that they get it done, you need to pay for it.  If you are making it available to them, but not making them have it done, then you don't necessarily need to pay for it.  Personally, if you can fit it into your budget I think you should do it.  I think it's a nice gesture.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with PP. Our wedding was on a Sunday, so there weren't any salons open. My usual stylist did my hair at my parent's house where we girls got ready, and offered that the girls could use her if they'd like. Since it was optional I didn't pay for it since it wasn't in my budget to do so. They each did their own makeup.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies! You always help out so much!  I think I will offer it to them, that makes perfect sence. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards