Rhode Island

great band or better flowers? opinions

Please share your opinions on what you think is more important and worth the splurge on for a wedding a more expensive, great band or more ornate, lush flowers.  What is your order of importance on your big day? 

Re: great band or better flowers? opinions

• No one will remember your flowers but they will remember the music and whether or not they danced all night.
  • Aw see I'm the opposite.  I'll dance to anything (unless the band is really, really awful) but I'm a total sucker for gorgeous flowers.
  • Of all the posts I've read from past brides, they all say, food, entertainment and drinks is all people talk about after your wedding.  They talk about the apps you have (or don't have), the cake, the food, the drinks (how long it took to get drinks) and if they danced or not.  I've been to a bunch of weddings over the past few years and rarely does anyone even take the flowers anymore.  I think good entertainment can make/break the wedding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Go with a DJ! You can have BOTH great music PLUS beautiful flowers! I went with Scott Reniche from Fun 107 for $1050! and I got uplighting! I also went with Milestones Florist in Fall River, MA for my flowers. Everything included for $1500! SO for under $3000, you will have an awesome time AND have beautiful flowers!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_great-band-or-better-flowers-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:27c021f7-d9eb-4867-94f0-ed845f690ca6Post:7bb5d3c6-50f8-4c29-9a30-60c34560d5f8">great band or better flowers? opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please share your opinions on what you think is more important and worth the splurge on for a wedding a more expensive, great band or more ornate, lush flowers.  What is your order of importance on your big day? 
    Posted by glamorous0813[/QUOTE]
  • Your guests will have a great time if the music is good, they will not remember the flowers.
  • hgumulahgumula member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Band! 

Great bands are the best at weddings. They get everyone up and going!
  • Totally the band! Flowers are beautiful but they don't have to be pricey to be nice. Just my thought. :)
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    BAND for sure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards