Rhode Island

Ceremony Musicians?

Does anyone have any recommendations for ceremony musicians?  We recently had to relocate our ceremony from a church to the Kay Chapel so I never really put much thought into this since it was already included with the church.
Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Musicians?

• edited December 2011
    We are using StringsCalm as a string trio but they also do quartets. I found them through gigmasters.com. You may want to do a search for your price point etc.
  • csun060797csun060797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the washington calvo flute and harp duo.  http://www.nightrhythm.com/wc_index.html
  • Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Gaku Muruta as a solo guitarist but he also plays in a string trio - we found him on gigmasters.  He was excellent!!
  • edited December 2011

I posted a Craigs list ad and found my awesome guitarist, George Leonard.  He teaches music at RIC.  He even learned our wedding song and was way cheaper than anyone I found elsewhere, including gigmasters.

• holly283holly283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, your recommendations have been really helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    johnnysbride: we're using StringsCalm too! Angela has been amazing with helping me figure out music etc. She's really quick with emails and has just been great all around. We really liked her because she does a lot of modern music in additon to traditional which is what we want for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We are also not sure about what instruments we're using or how many, but she's been really great with trying to help us out.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I love Angela! We also picked them for their massive amount of modern music! I have to agree on how flexible she has been. A lot of the songs we picked were arranged for a quartet but she has been rearranging them for a trio. Amazing! :)
  • wendyk33wendyk33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using la bella musica. i found them on gigmaster.com
  • holly283holly283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

gigmasters is very helpful!  I just didn't realize how far in advance everyone books.  Our wedding is in Sept. and a lot of the musicians are booked already

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://newport.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_ceremony-musicians-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:29373e87-4367-4687-a227-98ce0eee49fbPost:58ad7896-1e30-4f75-8fde-7fb3da7603b6">Re: Ceremony Musicians?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are using la bella musica. i found them on gigmaster.com
    Posted by wendyk33[/QUOTE]

Did you negotiate the price the quoted you via gigmaster?
  • edited December 2011
    I used Emily Nolan and she was great. 401-965-0412
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards