Rhode Island

Hotel Block Frustration

So I am having my wedding at the Viking (ceremony, reception and room block) - and Linda the event coordinator has been great so far, but I am getting fairly frustrated with the room block situation.  When we were first presented with the room block proposal it required that our guests stay 2 nights - Friday and Saturday.  I explained that most of our guests would be staying just Saturday night so could we please have some rooms that are for Friday-Saturday guests and some rooms for just Saturday guests.  This at the time was no problem. 
     Over the past few weeks however, several of my guests were told by various reservation agents that they had to stay 2 nights even though this was untrue.  I contacted Linda each time this happened and each time she contacted reservations and told me the problem was fixed.  Now we have filled up the block and I have asked for more rooms.  Linda gave us 10 more - however - they once again have a 2 night stay requirement.  I just feel like this is ridiculous, why would they turn away business??  Has anyone else run into this problem and have any good tips on what to say or do so??

Re: Hotel Block Frustration

• I have had some problems with mine. It has been the idiots at the front desk who keep messing up by saying 2 night minimum when they call or that there are no more rooms. Because we are off season there is no minimum and rooms were supposed to be released in groups of 5 after the originals were full. We keep having to call our contact who has been fabulous. I agree very frustrating!! Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards