Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

any ideas on what guests can throw or do when we walk out of the church?

Our church doesnt allow our guests to throw petals, rice etc....outside of the church steps when we  come out after the ceremony. I dont wanna do bubbles, because they dont really workout (ive seen it before). Anyone have any ideas on what else we can do?

Re: any ideas on what guests can throw or do when we walk out of the church?

• Options
    I say have them clap and cheer.  It's free, easy, eco-friendly, and not lame.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    bird seed
    Anniversary
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I work in a church.  We don't allow bird seed either.  It draws birds, and the bird poop is a b!tch to have to clean.  It's also a real slipping hazard.

Additionally, bird seed down the front of your dress or sticking in your hair isn't exactly how anyone wants to walk into their reception.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I'm with Trix.  Clapping is easy, free, and doesn't make a mess.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My vote is nothing. You don't want soap in your hair from bubbles, you don't want pieces of confetti or bird seed all in your hair, and you don't want to have to make someone clean it all up afterwards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are having our wedding in October & we are having our guests throw dried/pressed leaves. We couldn't have birdseed or petals either & i didn't want bubbles so we asked about the leaves & the said that it's fine
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    im thinking about giving everyone little bells on their way out of the ceremony area so they can ring them
  • Options
    megilbmegilb member
    First Comment
    ooo bells is a cute idea! My SIL had a butterfly release which was cute, but half the butterflies were dead by the time they released them and a bunch of little kids cried lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're having our guests throw lavendar buds.  It's biodegradable and smells great.  It can also just be swept right into the grass afterwards.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've also seen sparklers and ribbon wands.
  • Options
    Nothing - old fashioned cheering and clapping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are doing bells.  Our ceremony and reception are in the same place.  So as guests arrive they are going to be instructed to pick up their bells which will have their name and table number on one side of a card and on the back will be the verse below (which was snagged from somewhere and edited slightly.)  The idea is that they will ring the bells when we kiss (you may now kiss the bride) and then at the end when we walk out, etc.  Also, they can use them during the reception so they don't have to clank silverware on glassware.  Another side note, after asking several people for opinions we are going to have our officiant announce to hold the bells until she announces to use them kind of thing.  Just in case...

"Today, as we gather together, wish us a love to last forever. If you would like us to share a kiss, ring the bell for lifelong bliss starting with our wedding kiss."
  • Options
    mdg327mdg327 member
    First Comment
    that really stinks that you can't have them throw anything....but on the other hand you won't have to clean rice or birdseed out of your hair and cleavage lol.  i like the bells idea alot.  i wouldn't have thought of the but it sounds great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards