Rhode Island
Options

Hotel Accomodations

Hyatt on Goat Island
Hotel Viking
Newport Harbor & Marina

Can anyone tell me based on your experience which would be the least expensive for room blocks? I am getting married at Belle Mer next May and so far I have only received quotes from the Hyatt at about 200/night. While we plan to stay the night of our wedding I think it may be too pricey for our guests. I know there are definitely some less expensive options in Middletown but really would like to have 1 set of blocks in Newport for people who are making a weekend trip.

Thanks!!

Re: Hotel Accomodations

• Options
    xcalakxcalak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered the Marriott? It's in a good spot for people who haven't been to Newport before and I bet it'll be lower priced than the other 3 mentioned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of those hotels mentioned are going to be around the same price - at least based on my experience for our July 2010 wedding.  I also was married at Belle Mer and we went with the Hyatt for a couple of reasons number one being convenience to Belle Mer.  100% of our guests were from out of town so they were making a vacation out of our wedding in Newport.  The Hyatt is really great because it is a resort giving people lots of things to do during the day without even leaving the hotel.  Our group played volleyball and football, people swam in the pool, etc.  You won't get this from other hotels in Newport.  Plus, you won't need any guest transportation to the wedding!

We also blocked rooms at two cheaper hotels by First Beach (Comfort Inn and Newport Beach Hotel and Suites) and none of our guests booked rooms there.  I can tell you tough that the rates were about $75 less per night. 
  • Options
    nina1107nina1107 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the feedback!!  I think we may offer both the Hyatt and Newport Harbor & Marina as the price points are different and allow some flexibility for our guests.

xcalak-- the Marriott was on our original list but is completely booked for our weekend May 13-15 :(

Thanks again!

• Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at the Hyatt for my cousin's bacheloetter - it was fine, but I strongly recommend not getting a ground floor room - it was really damp, so you wanted to run the ac to dry it out, but then it got too cold (in June).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards