Rhode Island

Providence Cathedral

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any information on The Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul in Providence. Do you know how much they charge to use the cathedral for a wedding ceremony, if they allow you to use your priest (in the same diocese), or any other important information?

Thanks so much!

Re: Providence Cathedral

• edited December 2011
    I unfortuantely don't have any info about the cathedral, however, I am using a childhood priest at another church but i had to ask for permission for my childhood priest to "con-celebrate" the mass with the priest where I am having the ceremony. I think it is pretty standard for a catholic wedding, i think to ask for permission of the priest.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the Cathedral website- they have a ton of information on there- including their rental pricing.
    http://www.cathedralprovidence.org/weddings.html
    And yes, you can bring in your own priest.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • julesandsethjulesandseth member
    edited December 2011
    Hi, i2012do! I did check out their website, and although there is a tab for pricing, when you click on it, it doesn't actually HAVE pricing, at least from what I've seen...perhaps I'm technologically stunted. But now that I know you can bring in your own priest I'm more inclined to call them to inquire. Thanks for that! I'll also post that info later in case anyone else is curious.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I would call them and inquiry.
    I called one day (their hours are tight so be sure to check out the schedule they have posted) and ask them the pricing.
    I can't remember what they told me- but the convo was liek 5 minutes and hegave all the details- so its worth the call.

Our friends got married there and brought in their own priest for sure. Just be sure you know all the rules- there are some restrictions to time, etc there.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • julesandsethjulesandseth member
    edited December 2011

Finally got in touch with the Cathedral. It's $600 for the mass itself, $1050 total with musicians.

Doable, but there's already a wedding on our date at 3pm, so if we want it, we'd have to go with 1pm, but our reception starts at 5:30, so what on earth would everyone do for 3-plus hours? Looks like it's a no-go :(

Hope the prices help someone else get info, though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards