Rhode Island

Bachelorette party locations/ideas

Looking for help!!  My MOH just starting asking me about ideas & locations I would be interested in for my bachelorette party.  I am not into bar hopping or clubs, or that type of scene.  Any ideas??  I'm thinking more low key like dinner, spa, house party...somewhere in RI.

TIA for your help!

Re: Bachelorette party locations/ideas

• kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am on the same page as you, low key.  I was asked the same question and I told my friends I would love to go to the Hyatt Spa in Newport for they have done an incredible job with their renovations.  I just want my bridal party at the spa day and then open up the early evening with a cookout on the beach with all my girlfriends.  Very low key.

• AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls took me to Zooma on Federal Hill for dinner, then to The Melting Pot for dessert. Despite being a Thursday night, there was a partial waterfire that night so we walked around Waterplace Park in Providence for a while. We spent the rest of the night at Ri Ra, where they had a live band so it was more of a casual thing and not a dance club. It was very low-key, but a lot of fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Some bachelorette parties I've been a part of that have avoided bars and clubs were:
    -Dinner followed by a pole dancing class.
    -Sex toy & dessert party.
    -Going to a lingerae store where the girls attending bought the bride something and then went out to dinner.
    -Old fashioned sleepover with lots of fun food and movies.
    -Depending on timing and interest you could go see the Sex in the City movie when it comes out and combine that with dinner or drinks. 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • caralinda1985caralinda1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Bachelorette party is in June.  I've given my sister who's the MOH some ideas. 

I suggested having a Henna tattoo artist come to my house and do a little design for all the girls.  I also suggested having someone come to my house to teach a belly dancing class.  Then going out to dinner. 

I'm having a larger group of girls, anywhere between 15-20 so it comes out to be really cheap once you break it down and its something unique.
  • edited December 2011
    My suggestion would be to get a party bus and do a wine tour of Greenvale, Sakonnet, and Newport Vineyards before heading over to the Hyatt Spa in Newport.  That would be my ideal bachelorette party - wine and massages!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards