Rhode Island

New Towers RI Bride!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!
My fiancée & I booked the towers last weekend for our Friday September 13,2013 wedding!!! We are soooooo excited!!!!

For past or future towers brides I had a few questions. I've been obsessing over photographers, caterers, DJ's & videographer . Of which the photographer , caterer & DJ I am most concerened with having the best but within a fairly reasonal budget.

I've narrowed down some top picks. Any information or input would greatly appreciated.

DJ: Jason citrone with music mixers or Larry from engagements DJ. ( Jason quoted us with lighting and a photo booth too which I love)

Photographer: Susan sancomb or Seth Jacobsen ( I like that Seth stays with you a full 8 hours, susan only 5 and with 300 bucks extra for each hour it really adds up)

Caterer: so far west bay gourmet, we will want the caterer to provide the liquor as we are planning this wedding out of state.

Videographer: eternity productions ( reasonably priced)

Hair and make up: Sara's glam squad or this woman I can't rememer her name but she recently started doing both hair and makeup and is also reasonably priced.

Help!
Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New Towers RI Bride!!!!!!!!!!

• we did not book susan sancomb for that reason - and no album available. we went with sabrina scolari - very sweet and great work. and also kristin greene for hair and makeup....GL! friday the 13th wedding -you are brave ;)
  • haha thanks. We've been through a lot together so I figured this might be GOOD LUCK :) I've got email going back and forth with seth jacobsen. He seems like an amazing photograher. So Kristin Greene, I couldn't for the life of me remember her name! thanks! do you kno what kind of makeup she uses? I am a MAC girl.
    xoxo
  • seth is good- but I hear pricey -which Im sure you know already...
    Kristin uses MAC for sure -and she does airbrush.
    I just had my consult last Friday and loved it.
    she is doing my hair and all the BMs and moms too.
    super sweet and does a great job - esp on makeup.
    hair is new to her and she does it well, and open to feedback  -for example, first run of hair trial i didn't like at all(looked nothing like the pic I showed her) but she was very open to doing it again and getting it just right.
  • does kristin have other people coming to do hair and makeup with her? just thinking cause i have 9 BM's and then 2 flower girls along with my mom and fiancee's mom. just wondering. ( i know its a lot of BM's but I have a crazy large family and the rest are my  BFF's! lol)
  • yes, she is bringing her assistant, gianna with her to my house. I have 3 BMs, 2 moms, flower girl and me. i think she has others but thats who she decided to go with that day i guess. do you have ideas for other vendors yet? flowers, cake, etc. you still have a long way to go - although it will come up fast. my wedding is in 3 weeks!!
  • Yay for a Towers wedding!
    We had our reception there in May and used Larry for our DJ. He was awesome. Seriously. One of the things I looked forward to most was having a fun dance party and Larry made that happen. He's super professional and really knows how to feel the crowd. We thought he was reasonably priced too. We used Russell Morin's for the reception (and they were great!) but we used West Bay Gourmet for our rehearsal dinner at the Village Inn. KC was awesome. The food was seriously so good and we had great service. I also used them to cater lunch for myself and the girls the day of the wedding. Fantastic, tasty food for a really good price. Both of those vendors were great to work with over the phone and through email as well - we also planned from out of state. Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions!!
  • hmmm I was going to go with Jason Citrone from Music Mixers as Larry's complete package w/ DJ for 5 hours, uplighting and  photobooth would cost us over 3,000. Jason's complete package with uplighting and photobooth would cost us only 2,000. Has anyone used Jason Citrone? Also, I think we were leaning towards west bay gourmet. Although we have yet to meet with anyone for tastings yet. Getting married next september athough, we do have some time. I'd like to get as much done as possible.

where did everyones bridal party and out of town guests stay? does anyone recommend any B&B's? and logistics...how did you all get from where you were getting ready to the towers. Jon and I are doing a first look and having the ceremony right at the towers (8minutes long by a JP!) and then rolling right into cocktail hour on the patio.
  • Not sure about Larry's uplighting and photobooth since we only used him for a DJ (didn't do the others). But he was great and I can't recommend him enough.
    We stayed at the Village Inn. Pretty much everyone was from out of town and the guests that live in RI, stayed overnight in Narragansett anyway. I think it has a fairly poor reputation, but they've done a bunch of updating of the rooms. They were affordable (may be different in high season, but we got married in May), clean and the staff was friendly. It also made for very easy logistics to get people back to the hotel after the reception.
  • Congrats!  We're getting married at The Towers in July!  We decided to go with Olvia Gird for Photography.  I noticed some of the photographers who shoot at The Towers many times each summer, put their couples in the same poses - so I didn't want to feel like I was on the photographer's assembly line of photos.  

We're doing a band not a DJ and would like to have the ceremony outide.  Good luck to you!!
    ~Kate
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi! We recently had our reception at the Towers for our September 2012 Wedding! We used West Bay Gourmet and everything was great. You can personalize your menu to what you would like. We had several out of town guests. We pretty much had the entire Ocean Rose Inn which was a blast! Also, some booked at The Village Inn, Atlantic House and Holiday Inn SK. I highly recommend Jamie Ivins with Zenobia Studios. Pictures are amazing. We had Jason Citrone as a DJ/Uplights and he was fantastic.Works great with West Bay too! We had cocktail hour in the courtyard with an Irish Band that really got the party started. Elaine with Weedweavers is an amazing florist. She captured exactly what I wanted with our seaside celebration. Narragansett was a magical place to get married in. Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards