Rhode Island
Options

Goldengate florist wedding wire reviews--worried

I am thinking about GG as my florist because Ive heard they do a good job for a reasonable price.  However, I've seen many mixed reviews on wedding wire and a number of brides have commented that they often do not recieve the correct color flowers on their wedding day, etc, etc.  I have also heard this from a few others.  Does anyone know if this is true or not?  I'd rather be safe and spend the extra few hundred of dollars rather then have something like that happen and ruin my special day.  Let me know your thoughts!  Thanks!

Re: Goldengate florist wedding wire reviews--worried

• Options
    I am not sure I am much help, but when we went there we went off of a recommendation of a friend of ours and her flowers came out beautiful. They do really nice work. We didn't go with them just because we ended up going with a family friend of ours. I am not sure I have ever heard anything negative about them until now.

Hope you work something out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Jay and Allie from Golden Gate put together the flowers for my wedding, my cousins' wedding and my grandparent's 55th wedding anniversary--three events in 2010-2011 timeframe.  We received exactly what we ordered each time and the flowers were fresh and lovely.    My bouquet:  
  • Options
    I wasn't too crazy about GG. Jay returned one phone call by saying that he would call the following day. I haven't heard from him since. I also found his flowers a little on the pricey side in comparison to other local florists.
  • Options
    Does anyone know any other florist just as reasonable?
  • Options
    Florals by Alisa (http://www.floralsbyalisa.com/intro.htm) always get great reviews!  We are using someone out of CT so I'm not much help.
  • Options
    Sadly, I already contacted florals by alisa a while ago and they are booked
  • Options
    We're using Blooming Blossoms in Providence. My wedding is in 3 weeks, so I can't comment on how the flowers will look. But I will say that Pam has been the most "on top of things" vendor throughout the whole planning process. She has lots of ideas and is very willing to be budget friendly. Flowerthyme also came highly recommended to us.
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We ended up booking Jay
    I wasn't so sure when I left the meeting with him ebcause I felt like I wasn't getting my"vision" across to him... but he seemed to understand what I wanted.

Also, I have to say that after meeting with 6 + florists all the things that Jay said and recommended rang true. For example, I really wanted to use manzanita branches and he said for what I was envisioning that curly willow worked best. I thought he was wrong, because it didn't give the look I liked. But when I started looking online at really nice pieces I liked- they ALL used the curly willow. He knows what hes doing.

He is a bit frazzled and my mom and I ran into him at a cafe and he didint recognize us which is fine, he has a ton of clients, but I felt strange that someone we were giving $2000 bucks to didn't even recognize me.

My mom and dad really liked him. And I allowed them to pick the florist because I had to book someone and I was out of town. They chose him. And when my mom and dad went in to give him the deposit- my dad really thought Jay was professional

I can't say how my flowers will come outbut I know I have ONLY ehard good things.
    He did my girlfriends fowers and they came out amazing.
    If you are VERY clear on what you want you will get it.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    I would highly recommend CC Floral Design. Check them out at www.ccfloraldesign.com.The work speaks for itself. Carol's attention to detail goes above and beyond.!!! Very affordable in priceSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards