Rhode Island

Newport DJ Help Needed

Hi Ladies!

I'm getting married in Newport in 2011 and need some help looking for a DJ.  I'm stumped and don't know who to pick.  I could really use some help. I've seen the recommendations on here but I still can't seem to feel out the right one.  Does anyone know a DJ that will get us the following:  We are in our early 30's and have a big group of friends that love to party and dance away.

1. definite fun on the dance floor (keep the party going!!!!!)
2. does a great job with the "formalities" of introductions, cake cutting, etc..
3. not cheesy
4. great to work with (planning, picking songs, etc)

We would love the DJ to keep the party moving and make it fun for everyone, but without being the center of the party him/herself.  If that's possible  :)

Re: Newport DJ Help Needed

• Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ All 4 You fits your description perfectly IMO!

Anne & Glen are a husband & wife team - they kept our dance floor packed the ENTIRE 5 hours of our reception, were VERY organized in regards to the flow of formalities (cake, first dance, parent dances etc), no sign of cheesey-ness & were fab to work with!

Glen handles the music & Anne is the MC which works great.  While she is running around making sure everyone is on the same page, Glen keeps the music going!  Before any formalities Anne made sure all of our parents were in the room, the videographer & photographer knew what was going on etc ...

I HIGHLY recommend them!!
  • finnerkcfinnerkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into Dave from Ormonde Productions.  We met with him recently, and he was great.  Not only is he incredibly professional and easy to talk to, but he also understands how to keep the dance floor going, and what the focus should be on (i.e., not him)!  He was incredibly knowledgable about every genre of music, and when it makes sense during the reception to play a certain type of song, etc.
  • MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in my mid thirties and I was really worried about the "cheese" factor.  In the end, I hired Alan from Moondance and was really happy.  He did everything we asked and more.
  • csun060797csun060797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Greg Capozzi from C-Zone Music.  He was great to speak with, confident and seemed to be know what he was talking about.  He will do as little or as much as you want.  There are a few knotties on the boston board who have used him as well.  He has even done private events for Sean Penn and Clint Eastwood! lol  check out his website.  I am sure he will travel.  He is traveling to Providence for our wedding =)  Good luck!

http://www.czonemusic.com/bios-greg-capozzi.php
  • GEL0153GEL0153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New England's Best Kept Secret. He is awesome we are using him for our wedding and he also works at alot of clubs so you know he is fun! He has over 30,000 songs and could down load any at the moment if he doesnt have it. He has great prices also. His name is Joe and his # is 401-641-1171 and his email is giftedfngrs2002@yahoo.com Tell him I referred you. Angelica. He has done and is doing alot for us and he will be happy to know we appreciate him. He also made our funny wedding song for us which I am so excited about :)
  • edited December 2011
    My vote goes to Bobby from Main Event DJ & Victor from Partytime.  I've seen both of the men in action and there is nothing cheesy about either of them!

• edited December 2011
    I had the same list of qualifications for my DJ and ended up picking John from rhythm productions. He has a good reputation in Newport for being professional and keeping the party moving without being intrusive.

http://www.rhythmpro.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I second John from Rhythm Productions.  We used him for our wedding and he was awesome.  He kept everybody on the dance floor, he had so many great songs and mixed them together so well.  He is also known for not being cheesy.  We got a ton of compliments on how good the music was at our wedding.
  • Chrissymm1976Chrissymm1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the help.. going to contacta  few of the suggestions
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Ra Mu and the Crew.  They're out of Boston but we're using them for our wedding.  I'm an review feak and I couldn't find a single bad thing about them anywhere.  Good Luck!
  • DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jason from Music Mixers is based in the Newport/Narragansett area, he is very professional and never corny.
    He also has lighting if you need it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards