Rhode Island
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Spots in Narragansett Area?

Hi Rhode Island Brides of Past/Present/Future!

We are getting married next May with a ceremony at South Ferry and reception at the Towers.  So far we have been planning this thing from 3,000 miles away in Los Angeles and can NOT wait to finally be in the area this October.   Parents from both sides are coming with to check out our venues and they want to check out possible spots for the rehearsal dinner.

Would appreciate any suggestions...would love something local and unique with a good beer list perhaps (we love our pubs in these families).  Nothing too fancy, but not a beach shack either. We only have two days to check out the area with family (including florist visits, etc.) so we want to narrow it down to a few places prior to the visit.   

Thanks everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Spots in Narragansett Area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    List of favorites:
    Nice fancier places- Spain (mediteranean), Trio (mix, personally don't like the food here, but good atmophere), Turtle Soup (mix) , Basils (French), Artuto Joes (Italian)
    Pubs- Mews (69 beers on tap), my favorite pub in the area, Caseys (both of these are a town over in Wakefield)

In my opinion, if your looking for a nice place but still pub like, go with the Mews Tavern
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Mews, that's where our rehearsal dinner is going to be. Awesome atmosphere, tons of beers (69 like PP said), great food!

Let us know what you decide! =) 
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone...great list to start with.

Has anyone been to/know of anyone who has had their rehearsal dinner at The Coast Guard House?  We know it's literally right next door to the Towers but they seem to have a good buffet price and thought it might be nice to get that view two nights in a row : )

Thoughts? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the food is pretty good there and obviously a great view during dinner! this has better space compared to the mews, depending on your number of guests. I'd reccommend the Coast Guard House.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coast guard house has good food.  It also has strict limits on its seating capacity. 
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I think Coast Guard would be nice. Or George's. There is also an upstairs room at Charlie O's,

Also, my very fav. restaurant is Trattoria and they opened one in South Kingstown near the hampton inn. I haven't eaten at that one. But I do know its a $2000 minimum spending for parties because my mom wanted to have m bridal showe are the one in lincoln.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Simon's (the upstairs maritini lounge above Charlie O's) and it worked out very well. The draft beer list is fairly limited - probably around 8 beers or so (Sam Adams, Sam Seasonal, Guiness, Smithwicks, Stella and a few others). There also have a fairly long list of bottled microbrews, full bar (cocktail/martini menu plus wine list).

You can comfortably seat 30-40 at cocktail tables, couches, the bar area, etc. They do a buffet dinner and can work with a variety of budgets. It is our favorite place in the area and our guests loved it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I feel so lucky to have such honest and generous local brides helping out with these suggestions.  Thanks again and best of luck with all your planning / congrats to all veteran brides! : )

Erin 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards