Rhode Island

Flower help Please!!!!

I'm from RI but FI and I are getting married in MA. We're working with an small flower budget and I feel like everyplace I've gone to so far is way over. Recommendations for budget florists in RI or MA? 

Also, my knowledge of flowers is really slim and this is the one area of the wedding that I have no vision at all. Any tips on the best flowers and centerpieces for summer weddings?

Re: Flower help Please!!!!

• I used Studio 539 for my wedding day, and the flowers were absolutely beautiful! I only did bouquets for me and my 2 girls, so the cost wasn't bad for me. What are you looking for in terms of amounts for bouquets, bouts, and corsages?  

Have you thought at all about DIY flowers and buying bulk?  I've also heard great things about Whole Foods, and their selections are great, too!
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • I would contact www.ccfloraldesign.com. Carol is great to work with.
  • Highly recommend florals by Alisa. Went absolutely everywhere and her prices were always the best! Her work is just as gorgeous as the higher prices florist, not to mention.
  • Higher priced florist excuse the typo
  • I am going to try sam's club bulk flowers and DIY center pieces. I still have to find a florist for bouquets and boutonnieres. I contacted florals by Alisa she was not available for my date so I did not get info on her prices
  • I used Frey Florist in Providence.  They are right near PC and did an awesome job with my flowers.  I used lots of gerbera daisies, some roses, and hydrangeas.  All held up really well in the July heat and looked beautiful.  I found them to be very reasonably priced.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did you also try Golden Gate Studios? They are located in Cranston.  They are also very budget friendly and do nice work from what I hear.  But, I also heard you have to be very specific and detailed in what you are looking for with them. 
  • Florals by Alisa is very budget friendly. I also recommend Whole Foods Florist University in Providence. Here's an example of our flower budget breakdown. 

• Thank you all so much for the advice!!!! Still haven't decided on a florist yet but I was actually really impressed with Whole Foods. I went to the one in Cranston, they were all so friendly and the flowers were beautiful. 

Tried contacting Golden Gate a couple of times but haven't heard back from them yet. Florals by Alisa is already booked for the day of our wedding. Haven't tried Frey Florist yet but I will definitely give them a call. I met with Mitch from Check the Florist in Prov a little while ago, he has great ideas and his prices are a lot better than others I've seen. Think I'm leaning between him and Whole Foods at the moment.
  • frey florist in providence. little shop, does great work. my sister and friend used them . I got my quote from them and plan to use them too.

jenn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards